Esteemed Contributor

Re: Duchess of Sussex Will Attend U.S. Open

@occasionalrain wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Lovely for them both, I'm sure... After all, what's a little hop, skip and jump across the pond to watch a friend play tennis... again...  One wonders, will she be flying business class or is a private conveyance involved... again...

Smiley Very Happy

First class with her personal security guards.

That plane she was on is a commercial plane that would have taken off on it's scheduled flight whether  she was on it or not!  I don't see anyone complaining about corporate jets, celebrities jets etc.  Thousands fly first class all the time, so what.  

Those individuals haven't set themselves up as defenders of the planet. They haven't given speeches, preached about conservation and reducing our carbon footprint. Harry made a point of telling us he and Meg will limit their family to no more than two children casting his brother and Kate as irresponsible for having three.

I will be more surprised if there IS a second child than I would be if there was not. I think she had Archie because she sort of “had to” and she got that chore out of the way as fast as she could. I expect Archie will be shipped off to boarding school as soon as possible too.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
@occasionsl rain.... I agree w/ your posts about MM. I’m surprised to read of other posters and their defense. This woman is turning out to be the largest opportunist there is..and I used to like her so much! Everyday something negative in the news about her. She appears to have created friction amongst the family. Look it what she did w/her own family back in Cali. It’s a shame.

Her own family back in CA includes several parasites who sold what little inside knowledge they had to tabloids. I’d surely distance myself from family like that too.

Esteemed Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

And there goes the thread..................sigh

At this point we know that every single thread involving Meghan will devolve in this way.

It's 2019, baby Archie does have a father who is supposed to be involved in taking care of him. As for breastfeeding it's really nobody's business. Couldn't be possible that Meghan is actually friends with Serena-nah.

Nothing as harsh as the way some women judge other women. 

I do not understand the vitriol directed to this woman.

@mom2four0418  And I am equally puzzled by the rabid defense of her.

Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Mersha wrote:

My goodness...why such animosity toward Meghan?

I hope she has a lovely time at the Open.

I will look for her in Serena's box during the match.

@Mersha    As soon as someone types in Duchess of Sussex the usual crowd comes out of the woodwork spewing their venom about a woman that they have never met. It does make one wonder why the animosity towards Meghan. What could it possibly be?

@50Mickey 

It is amazing, isn't it???

I mean there are so many things in our country that we could be outraged about and yet, for some unknown reason, she seems to upset so many.

Hmmmm, trying to think what it could possibly be.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

She’s not a naïve 19-year-old. She knew the rules when she married into this family. She just thinks they don’t apply to her.

None of these rules are written in stone and are immutable. We have no idea about what Harry and Mehgan decided about how to live their lives. They are both adults and naivete has nothing to do with it. He is not heir to the throne with associated responsibilities. Does Princess Anne, Prince Andrew or Prince Edward and their spouses endure such criticism or scrutilny? Maybe if they did, Prince Andrew wouldn't be such a mess. 

It speaks to Mehgans loyalty, love,  and committment to see her give support and encouragement to her close friend. 

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested, Serena's match will be on ESPN today at 4:00 pm

She is playing Bianca Andreescu, a Canadian, who is an amazing player.  It should be an outstanding match.

Of course, you can also check out Meghan, possibly sitting in Serena's box with her family.

Then more outrage can begin.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

Some of you must be too young or too old to remember the firestorms around Fegie, Andrew, and even Diana.  This is nothing compared to what was said and printed about all of them.  AND Charles.  AND Camilla.  And Wallis Simpson.  And David.  Yada yada. 

It's not just about Meghan.  It's nothing new.   Same old same old.  People either hate or worship her.  Old hat all around. 

Frequent Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

It is amazing, isn't it???

I mean there are so many things in our country that we could be outraged about and yet, for some unknown reason, she seems to upset so many.

Hmmmm, trying to think what it could possibly be.

@Mersha, 

I like the tradition of British Royalty and all that comes with that. Harry and Meghan are trying very hard to buck it at every turn. They can do whatever they want, but some people are turned off to Meghan because she thumbs her nose at such a rich tradition that spans centuries. 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner. I am old enough to remember much of what you stated and agree completely. To insinuate it's anything more is trying to erase people's valid opinions about someone by making up excuses that hold no meri and giving people preferential treatment who in fact are being treated equally by those coming to negative conclusions based on a person's behavior or actions. Some posters in defense of Meghan aren't giving enough credit to those who form opinions based on her behavior and use low blows via innuendo to defend her.

And the argument that we have more important things to worry about in this country is ridiculous. I can worry about and express my opinion about multiple issues for goodness sake. Don't give me a priority list about what I should or shouldn't be concerned about.
Honored Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@mspatmac wrote:

@Silver Lining wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

Lovely for them both, I'm sure... After all, what's a little hop, skip and jump across the pond to watch a friend play tennis... again...  One wonders, will she be flying business class or is a private conveyance involved... again...

Smiley Very Happy

First class with her personal security guards.

That plane she was on is a commercial plane that would have taken off on it's scheduled flight whether  she was on it or not!  I don't see anyone complaining about corporate jets, celebrities jets etc.  Thousands fly first class all the time, so what.  

Those individuals haven't set themselves up as defenders of the planet. They haven't given speeches, preached about conservation and reducing our carbon footprint. Harry made a point of telling us he and Meg will limit their family to no more than two children casting his brother and Kate as irresponsible for having three.

I will be more surprised if there IS a second child than I would be if there was not. I think she had Archie because she sort of “had to” and she got that chore out of the way as fast as she could. I expect Archie will be shipped off to boarding school as soon as possible too.

@esmerelda  Tend to agree... Always thought the baby was to more or less seal the deal... She's pushing 40 and I too will be at least a bit surprised if there's a second one...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...