Honored Contributor

Re: Duchess Meghan: Brinsworth House

@occasionalrain wrote:

I can't imagine Princess Grace of Monaco doing it in public. Lots of people behave in public in ways that are inappropriate, especially inappropriate for members of the royal family. Meghan had people to advise her but, apparently, she refused their advice.

It's not against royal protocol to touch her stomach.  

How is that inappropriate?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Meghan deserves the criticism, all that holding, stroking, touching of her belly is distasteful. She flaunts the rules with her choice of attire and even her nail polish. Those hired to aide her have resigned and no one should be surprised. 

@occasionalrain  It's no big deal.  Aides also resigned when Kate and William were first married-specifically because Kate refused to follow certain royal protocol.

As far as holding/stroking/touching one's tummy-why is that distasteful? 

I know I did it with both my pregnancies.  You massage and talk to your unborn baby.

Your baby responds to that touch, and you respond when baby moves.  It's a lovely interaction between mom and baby.

Who knew I was acting in a distasteful manner.  Tough nookies to anybody who thought so.  My baby, my choice.

Yeesh.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I think some women do it instinctually as a way of protecting their babies too.

Honored Contributor

she has more to worry about now thanks to Papa. He 's actually stupid enough to think the Queen gives a ratsass.png

about helping him

Honored Contributor

The baby might be moving , or in a position that is uncomfortable for her..I certainly have seen worse things in my time, than a mother embracing her unborn child

Honored Contributor

@SharkE  You can see where her 1/2 siblings get their lack of manners from. I think Doria  is trying to lay low, hoping no one  recalls ,she was once married to this jerk

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I can't imagine Princess Grace of Monaco doing it in public. Lots of people behave in public in ways that are inappropriate, especially inappropriate for members of the royal family. Meghan had people to advise her but, apparently, she refused their advice.

I never knew we had so many experts here in royal protocol.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

And I never knew that so many people think it's inappropriate for a woman to touch her pregnant belly in public.

Weird.

Honored Contributor

@Mj12 wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Mj12  I guess the rest of us are just part of the unwashed mass.  lmao

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

I think some women do it instinctually as a way of protecting their babies too.

Yes, it seems women do this these days, i don't remember doing it ,but who knows, i think it is sweet. 

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.