Respected Contributor

Duchess Kate's Brother Ties The Knot

The Duchess of Cambridge's younger brother James Middleton finally married Alizée Thevenet on Saturday September11, after postponing their wedding day twice – and his bride found the sweetest way to pay tribute to his family.

Alizée revealed she wore her mother-in-law Carole's wedding dress for their special day.

Speaking to Hello!, the financial analyst, 32, said she borrowed the gown, which was donned by James' and the Duchess of Cambridge's mother in 1980 during her nuptials to Michael, after falling 'in love with it' when she tried it on in lockdown.

'It fitted me perfectly and was exactly what I wanted. It always troubled me that wedding dresses are worn once and so it was amazing to give such a beautiful dress a second lease of life,' she said.

The couple, who started their big day with a swim and had their beloved dog Ella as a flower girl, got engaged in September 2019 but had to delay the ceremony twice in the last year due to Covid, before finally announcing they had tied the knot in Bormes-les-Mimosas in Provence.

In photographs from the occasion, Alizée could be seen wearing the floor length off-the shoulder gown, while James, 34, beamed at the camera in a Ralph Lauren suit and blue shirt.

The newlyweds appeared over-the-moon as they posed in snaps taken after their vows, before they joined 50 guests including the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their three children at the Chateau Léoube, an exclusive vineyard in the village that produces some of France's finest rosé wine. 

james-middleton-alizee-thevenet-wedding

Respected Contributor

Re: Duchess Kate's Brother Ties The Knot

Among the other guests were Kate's parents, Carole and Mike Middleton, along with her sister, Pippa and brother-in-law, James Matthews and their two young children, Arthur and Grace.

Following their ceremony, the newlyweds drove to their beachside reception­, Cafe Leoube, in a vintage 2CV.

alizee-thevenet-wedding-dress

Announcing his marriage with a picture of him and bride Alizée on Instagram, James said: 'Words cannot describe how happy I am'

Valued Contributor

Congratulations to James and Alizee!  They are a beautiful couple!  I love that they are also animal lovers too!  So sweet that they had their dog Ella as the flower girl!  Wishing them much happiness!  

Valued Contributor

@lmt     Beautiful photos!  Thats their other dog Mabel in these pics!  Too cute!  Lovely bride and groom!  

Respected Contributor

The dress is OK, she wears it well.  Love the dog though!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a cute couple

I love the simplicity of their wedding. Dress, hair, makeup, ring, pictures. Nothing fussy or overdone 

The story regarding her dress is sweet 

Respected Contributor

The wedding looks like it was a lovely French country wedding. Simple and low key.

How nice that Alizee wore her mother in law's wedding dress - such a touching gesture. I think the dress is timeless. It looks just as beautiful in 2021 as it must have back in 1980. I love the flowers she carried, too.

And how adorable is their dog? 

Trusted Contributor

I think she is naturally pretty and looks beautiful in Carole's dress. The simple wildflower bouquet is perfect. Congratulations to them. I wonder if Kate took any of these pics?

Honored Contributor

Did Kate attend her brother's wedding?

Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Did Kate attend her brother's wedding?

According to the gossip mags, Kate, William and the 

kids were all in attendance.