Honored Contributor

Dublin cancels it's St Patrick's Parade

[ Edited ]
Trusted Contributor

Re: Dublin cancels it's St Patrick's Parade

[ Edited ]

I think this demonstrates how serious it is.  It was very interesting that the article pointed out how this will require "a whole of society approach".  I don't think we've ever experienced anything like this.    

ETA: I should have said the Irish Health Minister said it would require a whole of society approach.

Honored Contributor

What a world we live in.One day you are on top and in the blink of an eye everything changes.I wonder what it will be like when all of this ends.What changes we will make to our societies.

Honored Contributor

OK.  I wasn't going to it anyway.  Cancelling it isn't going to accomplish anything in terms of transmission, it's a "feel good" move for politicial reasons.  People are out there living their lives, going to work, shopping, doing business and that's how community transmission happens.  Parade or no parade. 

Honored Contributor

Large events are different than daily life activities. I don't blame them for the cancelation at all.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would bet that the large celebrations/parades for St. Patrick's Day will be cancelled in New York and Chicago. 

I wonder if the Irish vendors will travel here for St. Patrick's Day at the Q??

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Trusted Contributor

My country Greece has also canceled this year Carnival festivities.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Large events are different than daily life activities. I don't blame them for the cancelation at all.

Yes and they draw in people from all over so you have more than your locals.

Honored Contributor

There aren't even that many Irish vendors who come over to QVC any more, with the shortened programming.🙁
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
There aren't even that many Irish vendors who come over to QVC any more, with the shortened programming.🙁

We can now get stuff from all over the world online so I think many people are not as excited to order as they once were.