Esteemed Contributor

Drunk Woman's Car Lands On Restaurant Roof.

I usually don't watch the local news every night. This morning I watched because of the predicted snow storm.

It showed a 41 yr. old woman in cuffs.  A few days ago she was drunk, blood alcohol was 4x the legal limit. A camera caught her barreling down a stretch of road past other cars. She hit 4 cars, a pole and a concrete barrier which catapaulted her into the air. It looked like she actually went end over end and landed on the roof of a restaurant. Video is something to watch. She has to be doing nearly 100 miles an hour.

It was her 3rd DUI. She had her 1 yr. old daughter in a car seat and another person with her.  The child was not hurt, not sure if other passenger is out of the hospital or not.  The drunk driver spent a couple days in hospital. US Marshalls had to locate her for arrest.

I am anxious to see how much jail time she gets. Obviously 2 previous DUIs didn't deter her. People are nuts.

Respected Contributor

Re: Drunk Woman's Car Lands On Restaurant Roof.

She should sit her butt in jail for a couple of years or more and permanently take her license. Of course doing that won't mean she won't drive.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2   Just curious, what is the city and state location where this occurred?

Respected Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

She should sit her butt in jail for a couple of years or more and permanently take her license. Of course doing that won't mean she won't drive.

I vote for five years at least. The number of people who could have been killed is immense. 😠 And the fact that no one was is totally irrelevant.  

Esteemed Contributor

@alliswell   I think the accident was in Shamokin Dam PA.  I was watching WNEP news this am. Their website probably has the story and video.

I sat alone watching saying holy #^*($^

Esteemed Contributor

I hope she never gets that child back.  Children's services is involved.

Respected Contributor

This level of intoxication happens every single summer at a most popular beach resort on the eastern shore of MD.  They tout it as a family resort but there's a bar on every corner and alcohol readily available in every 7-11 or gas station store.  The level of drunk vacationers soars in summer and the local police force is seasonal and they cannot keep track of the hundreds of intoxicated drivers. We watch from our beach condo every summer and it's just crazy.  Sure, we have drinks most summer nights, but we stay on our porch. If we do go out, we walk.  

This is just crazy and I'm betting she drinks and drives most days, but has only been caught 3 times. God forbid I hope she never takes her life or the life of others.

Respected Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  

@CrazyKittyLvr2 wrote:

@alliswell   I think the accident was in Shamokin Dam PA.  I was watching WNEP news this am. Their website probably has the story and video.

I sat alone watching saying holy #^*($^

Thanks@CrazyKittyLvr2 

I just watched the WNEP news video online. 

Wow, unbelievable.  There were people still inside the vehicle parked in front of the restaurant that she smashed into and all but obliterated it, before she catapulted until the restaurant roof -- and there were occupants in her own vehicle, including a small child.  

Honored Contributor

"Lock her up!"

Honored Contributor

Woah!  I just watched the video.  God was definitely protecting that baby!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.