Esteemed Contributor

Re: Drunk Woman's Car Lands On Restaurant Roof.

The woman that killed my nephew had 9 previous DWI’s and was driving with a suspended license.

My nephew died and his girlfriend was in ICU unable to attend funeral and the drunk driver didn’t  even have a scratch. She got 16 years for both to run concurrently so she got 8 and will probably only do 4.

Honored Contributor

@qvcfreak wrote:

The woman that killed my nephew had 9 previous DWI’s and was driving with a suspended license.

My nephew died and his girlfriend was in ICU unable to attend funeral and the drunk driver didn’t  even have a scratch. She got 16 years for both to run concurrently so she got 8 and will probably only do 4.

That is just horrible!!!  I'm so sorry for your loss, as well as the slap in the face of that ridiculously low sentence.   Smiley Mad   This really angers me.

Valued Contributor

Shamokin Dam PA on Rt 15 south (near Sunbury)

Every perfect gift is from above.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

They need to stay in a locked rehab for a couple years then follow up with jail time.  I imagine they dry you out in jail as well. I think they have AA in jail, dont they?  My personal opinion is this country needs more access to drug and alcohol treatment.  Addicts and users wait months to get in.  Also, treatment needs to accessible to all ecomomic classes.   Addiction  effects every American.  Whether its in the family or not, it will effect you in some way.  Innocent people loose their lives, families are torn apart,  look at homelessness, so much addiction and mental illness.  It's lroven that someone who doesnt drink , will be addicted after 2 years on the street. This effects all of js one way or another.  

Esteemed Contributor

That poor baby, 18 months old and of course with a drunk parent not

strapped in properly, thankfully survives.. Miracle.

Third DUI for this woman. She will never learn. Obviously does not

care what happens to this child. Horrible person.

Full story with video.

https://www.wnep.com/article/news/local/snyder-county/woman-arrested-after-wild-wreck-in-snyder-coun... 

Honored Contributor

She won't get any jail time....   They'll suspend her license for a period of time.   She'll keep driving with a suspended license.   She might not drive when she's sloppy drunk anymore but she'll continue to drive when she's been drinking.  Courts don't take it seriously until a drunk driver kills someone.  

Honored Contributor

I live in a mountain pass.    Cars have landed on the roofs of HOUSES three times since I have been here.....

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

She won't get any jail time....   They'll suspend her license for a period of time.   She'll keep driving with a suspended license.   She might not drive when she's sloppy drunk anymore but she'll continue to drive when she's been drinking.  Courts don't take it seriously until a drunk driver kills someone.  

Shoekitty said    Anyone who has two dui's is an alcoholic    People who drink and drive are problem drinkers , if not alcoholic. They need legal intervention when they risk others lives and reak law.    Once is a gross error, but twice or three times??  Here in california she would be in jail for longer than 20 yrs  wehave the 3 strikes rule, but tings have eased a bit.  .  You would think having a child in car  the  police would have called CPS to take child away  until suitible family could be found to care.  .  Then CPS would  investigate her for abuse  i would think she would be in deep doo doo.  But who knows,. These days it seems like it depends on what side of bed judge wakes up on.

Valued Contributor

Where I live, a third DUI is an automatic Felony with mandatory jail time, loss of a driver's license, fines no less than 2k, and restitution for property damage. If it results in injury to others, charges are increased to assault with a deadly weapon which is also a felony. If you get a DUI with a minor in the vehicle, the child is placed into DCFS custody. Civil charges can also be filed. We have a local MADD chapter that attends every DUI Hearing/Trial who then testify. This weekend, local PD are out doing random roadside checks. They don't mess around in my County. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 @She might not have the control to be deterred. She might lack the ability to stop on her own and she might need treatment. Some heavy drinkers have control and can stop and some can not. Some have control but do not want to stop.