Honored Contributor

Re: Drugs now kill more people than cars and guns

@Noel7 @Stormygirl @SahmIam I so wish that we could discuss all of this privately as well. All I will say is that I suffer from two autoimmune illnesses that have affected several other body parts. I don't wish to share at this time because of having it thrown back in my face. In November my state of Massachusetts has on the ballot medical marijuana use and I will be voting yes.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

A couple of points some may not know:

Chronic pain can literally change the brain.  There needs to be some kind of pain reliever for people who need help managing pain.

Pain can prevent sleeping or sleeping well and that can have an effect on recovery or just making it through the day.  You don't get well when you should if you're up and suffering all night.

There is - weed.

And it's natural.

But we have a long way to go in order to have it legalized in every state.

As you probably already know, it decreases suffering and increases life quality for children through seniors, and for several challenging conditions.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

A couple of points some may not know:

Chronic pain can literally change the brain.  There needs to be some kind of pain reliever for people who need help managing pain.

Pain can prevent sleeping or sleeping well and that can have an effect on recovery or just making it through the day.  You don't get well when you should if you're up and suffering all night.

There is - weed.

And it's natural.

But we have a long way to go in order to have it legalized in every state.

As you probably already know, it decreases suffering and increases life quality for children through seniors, and for several challenging conditions.

Hi @feline groovy

We are lucky in CA, medical marijuana is legal and easily available.

I have trouble with a lot of medications I'm prescribed, and I learned in college that I also get bad reactions from weed.

I am a strong supporter of it for anyone it will help.

Respected Contributor

it is at epidemic levels where I live. I belong to a county breaking news scanner page, The same man has been "narcanned" 6 , Yes 6, times with children in the house. No arrest, no fine, no repercussions. It's ridiculous. 

Respected Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

More people now-a-days; more medications now-a-days; more people with available cash spending money (because of credit) now-a-days; more teens/teens with lots of spending money now-a-days.  More of everything now-a-days.  Good and bad. 

They dont really need a lot of money, heroin is cheap. 

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Noel7 @Stormygirl @SahmIam I so wish that we could discuss all of this privately as well. All I will say is that I suffer from two autoimmune illnesses that have affected several other body parts. I don't wish to share at this time because of having it thrown back in my face. In November my state of Massachusetts has on the ballot medical marijuana use and I will be voting yes.

hope it passes for you. Pa passed but it won't be available for at least a yr and only in cream,oil or pill, no smoking. My husband will be eligible for a card. So much I could say here, but ....well you know.

Honored Contributor

We have legalized medical Marijuana here in New Mexico.  My friend tried it for her chronic back pain.  She said she had a choice, pain or being zonked out all day.  I also have bad back pain and will take the pain over Marijuana use.  I can sit to relieve the pain.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My mom is 90 years old and has many health problems and was on so many Meds that she was sick all of the time.She stopped All Meds and went on medical marijuana and seems to be doing so much better.She is less sick to her stomach and in much less pain so that she can do a few things and still have a little fun in her days.I say whatever works to give some quality of life is a good thing for those that have no other options.

Honored Contributor

There seems to be three distinctive views on this excellent thread.

Illegal drug use.

Chronic pain sufferers.

The use of medical marijuana.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

There seems to be three distinctive views on this excellent thread.

Illegal drug use.

Chronic pain sufferers.

The use of medical marijuana.

Thank you for this @JaneMarple as I have been reading through folks responses and I am just as overwhelmed as I was when I read the original article.  Goodness, I don't know where to begin.

If you have read any threads about big pharma you will notice that I am a huge advocate against a lot of their tactics and policies.  I feel they took years off of my dad's life due to the over-prescribing of opiates shoved on an elderly doctor who couldn't fend for himself in a rapidly changing world (late 80's).  My dad suffered from many things and had terrible and career ending RA at 55.

Again, please know I am and will always be bitter about what happened to my dad and the fallout of my family because I believe we were sucked into the beginning of the drug companies pushing drugs on consumers.  When my dad was finally admitted to the hospital, they were nothing short of stunned at the amount of morphine they had to pump into him to get him to settle down.  How sad is that.

I wish medical marijuana was available to him as maybe it would have helped him with his RA pain.  I wish more people would be open to the positive results of this therapy that so many people young and old experience with this treatment.