Honored Contributor

Re: Dropped My Microneedling Tool

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

Off the sink and it went in the toilet.  I took batteries out immediately and dried it really good but when I put the batteries back in, it turned on and won't shut off.  

I even tried using my blow dryer to dry any water inside.  It didn't work.

Any suggestions?  

@rms1954  Chalk it up to being a mishap and a loss.  Even if you could get the motor and switch working properly again, I wouldn't use it again, but not because it got wet.  I would be concerned about damaged needles on the roller.  The needles are meant to be a specific size and depth, but they could have been damaged, bent, flattened tips, etc., even if you can't see it. That could end up doing harm on your face.  You don't need a pricey motorized roller, they have inexpensive, disposable, manual ones on Amazon.  They're supposed to be replaced every few months.  @SilleeMee  can probably help you with a recommendation. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would toss the thing and buy a regular disposable type. Those cost less than the replacement rollers for the kind with detachable handles. 

ETA- I've been needling for over a decade. I've owned all types of needling devices, even the kind with detachable handles. When you buy a device with a detachable handle then you are locked in to having to purchase the rollers which fit that handle. It's easier to just buy a an entirely new one-piece device and be done with it. Saves money and time.

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 wrote:

@rms1954,

Uncooked rice helped one of my family members with their phone, try it!

I did.  No luck.

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Try DIFFERENT batteries

No luck with that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

I would toss the thing and buy a regular disposable type. Those cost less than the replacement rollers for the kind with detachable handles. 

ETA- I've been needling for over a decade. I've owned all types of needling devices, even the kind with detachable handles. When you buy a device with a detachable handle then you are locked in to having to purchase the rollers which fit that handle. It's easier to just buy a an entirely new one-piece device and be done with it. Saves money and time.

Do you have a brand you might suggest? 

Mine is a GloPro

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Mine is a GloPro

@rms1954 

This one from Amazon:

Rose Gold Derma Roller 0.25mm 540 Stainless Steel Needles Microdermabrasion Instrument For Face Includes Free Storage

Or this one:

Kitsch Derma Roller Set - .25 mm Micro Derma Roller for Face & Body, Face Dermaplaning Tool, Microneedling Derma Roller Cosmetic Microdermabrasion, 540 Microneedle Dermaroller w/E-Book + Case (White)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rms1954 

I'm trying to show apples-to-apples comparison rollers. GloPro uses stainless steel, approx .25mm in length and with 540 needles on the face rollers. There are different kinds of rollers, made of either steel or titanium, and come in a variety of different length needles with 540 of them on each roller or sometimes less of them. What I showed you are just some options which I find to be quite a close match, but not identical, to the GloPro face rollers. For the most part rollers are very much the same from brand to brand. The differences are the lengths of needles, their numbers per roller and what kind of metal the needles are made of.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Mine is a GloPro

@rms1954 

This one from Amazon:

Rose Gold Derma Roller 0.25mm 540 Stainless Steel Needles Microdermabrasion Instrument For Face Includes Free Storage

Or this one:

Kitsch Derma Roller Set - .25 mm Micro Derma Roller for Face & Body, Face Dermaplaning Tool, Microneedling Derma Roller Cosmetic Microdermabrasion, 540 Microneedle Dermaroller w/E-Book + Case (White)

Got ya.  So what are your thoughts on the LED red light therapy?  Do you think it has any benefit to the skin?

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Got ya.  So what are your thoughts on the LED red light therapy?  Do you think it offers anything to the skin?

@rms1954 

Red light therapy does work but the treatment time takes a lot longer than the length of time it takes to dermaroll your face. As I recall the GloPro rep said to do it for a minute for the entire face. That amount of time won't do anything in the way of red light therapy.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

Got ya.  So what are your thoughts on the LED red light therapy?  Do you think it offers anything to the skin?

@rms1954 

Red light therapy does work but the treatment time takes a lot longer than the length of time it takes to dermaroll your face. As I recall the GloPro rep said to do it for a minute for the entire face. That amount of time won't do anything in the way of red light therapy.

All good knowledgeable info.  Thanks for your time and thoughts.  I appreciate it (and you).