Valued Contributor

Driving & doing FB live!! Say what?!

Has our world become so consumed with Facebook that now not only do people have to post their every move, but now they also must be driving and doing a Facebook live video is well?? LR does this often and it makes me so nervous watching it I have to turn it off. Not only is it so dangerous but it just leads me to believe she does this to gain popularity and to make her tribe feel like they are all just friends. 

Social media is out of control these days. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Driving & doing FB live!! Say what?!

It should be illegal.

When you're driving, you shouldn't be distracted by talking to the Tribe.

Respected Contributor

There actually was an incident like that a few months ago where a young girl was doing that.  She wrecked her car and killed her best friend in the process.  Man Sad

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It doesn't help when she keeps futzing with her eyelash.  She's basically driving with the one eye- and most of the time she's looking at herself. 

That's really dangerous...

Honored Contributor

It should be illegal.  Yet her "tribe" LOVES it and thinks she is just so much fun and a real friend.  It's pitiful.  I truly hope she doesn't hurt anyone in her car, or anyone else on the road.

Esteemed Contributor

Driving + electronics = no-no.

But, how many of us talk to the passengers in our vehicle as we're driving?

How many of us talk back to the talk-radio that we're listening to?

How many of us sing along to a song on the radio?

How many of us are going over our day in our heads, while we are driving?

How many of us take a drink of water while we are driving?

While using a hand held device while driving is not safe, there are other things that people do on a daily basis while driving that could be considered "distractions".

Valued Contributor

Yes @Bri36 that too!!  Either remove those faux eyelashes that are too long or get new contacts like she claims that's what the problem is. I personally think it has nothing to do with contacts as she is always futzing with her eye even on the chats. It's very distracting. Add that to goofing around while driving, looking at everyone in the car and then looking back at the FB chat and then finally her eyes make it back to the road. She even commented that someone almost side swiped them! But of course she says it was the other driver's fault. 

I just don't understand the need to always stay connected! 

Honored Contributor

Yep.  I've brought this up before on other LR threads.  I saw it once when it popped up on FB that she was live and there she was, driving her car. She kept turning around to someone I think in the back seat.

I didn't stick around because it was making me nervous and making me angry that she would be so careless.  I did read some comments from people as this was live that she shouldn't be doing this.  I'm guessing they are now banned from her page.  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Yep.  I've brought this up before on other LR threads.  I saw it once when it popped up on FB that she was live and there she was, driving her car. She kept turning around to someone I think in the back seat.

I didn't stick around because it was making me nervous and making me angry that she would be so careless.  I did read some comments from people as this was live that she shouldn't be doing this.  I'm guessing they are now banned from her page.  LOL  

@Lipstickdiva I am sure.  A few today already got told to "stop with the angry faces" and "if you don't like this page, leave."

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

She needs to stay connected to her tribe to keep their interest so they keep on buying. I guess they don't  know about Zullily, Wayfair, Amazon etc.  Her numbers on FB haven't been going up as they did in the past so more videos, more co called chats (actually sales pitch chats) and then she posts pics of her tribe wearing her jewelry or displaying their new decor. 

I didn't know of the driving video so I had to look.  And I really watch with no volume and only the first few minutes. Besides not watching the road, OMG, she makes so many facial expressions.  Really.