Honored Contributor

Re: Drinking from plastic water bottles

@Stray wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Pellegrino in glass....I buy in bulk when on sale at Sam's Club or Costco.  I also do a lot of organic juicing and eat a lot of organic water rich produce so I'm always extra hydrated.  (This morning I'm getting ready to juice orange, grapefruit, lemon, and celery for breakfast....yums!)

I do use the plastic gallon size (come in twos at Sam's) for cooking water and final rinse on produce.

@phoenixbrd- same for me....Pellegrino and Voss

@Stray

almost forgot about VOSS......i have trouble finding it around here sometimes. would love it if sams club would carry it. i have also been buying hawaiian water and fred water.....but those are in plastic.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention that my sister buys water at Lowe's.  They sell the big blue bottles that go in the water machines.  You buy the first bottle and the water.  When you return the bottle, you get a ticket to get the next bottle free and just pay for the water.  You can buy a pump at Lowe's.  It's inexpensive.  You don't get the initial bottle charge back, I guess that's your rental price.  She would pump it in a pitcher and put in the fridge.  Last time I visited, I noticed the local grocery store had a similar rental.

Respected Contributor

@hoosieroriginal    Thanks for asking~!

Nestles, Dasani, Aquafina, are all REVERSE OSMOSIS....do not drink spring water. Reverse Osmosis is all I drink.   Regardless of where the water is sourced (e.g., streams, rivers) for these brands, due to the distillation of the water, it removes all impurities.   

Also, if you decide to use services that provide 3-5 gal. water cooler bottles, ensure the gallon plastic containers are not numbered #3, #6 or #7 .... these leach out toxic chemicals.   Oddly I recently went to a company to have water delivered to my home, and found the gal. bottles were #6 ...yet the co. touted "safe water."

Do not get me started on chlorine, if this is in your public water (along with ammonia in some municipalities) ... this is poison.

Honored Contributor

I drink tap water when I am home but I always have a case of Costco bottled water in the trunk of my car.  

Respected Contributor

Tap straight or via Brita. I use a glass for water during the day and a Nalgene bottle for water at night.

I do not support Nestle because of the water sourcing issues, so no Nestle water, no Deer Park, Perrier, Poland Spring, San Pellegrino, etc.

It's disturbing to see how many people can't trust their tap water.

Honored Contributor

I've never bought a bottle of water.  I pay plenty for what comes from the faucet and I'm going to drink it.  Why not?  I've also not contributed to the tons of water bottles in the landfill. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I drink filtered water from our fridge, but my husband drinks Arrowhead Spring in plastic bottles.

To the poster who has twice mentiond fluoride, the second time stating that it causes Altzheimer's, that is total misinformation coming from the fringe. I wish people would not fearmonger such things, but hey, it's a free world.

Anyone remember Dr. Strangelove in which the 50s hysteria about how water fluroidation was a "commie" plot is so wonderfully parodied?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Sheryl Crow said her doctor told her drinking out of plastic water bottles is what caused her breast cancer......

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've never bought a bottle of water.  I pay plenty for what comes from the faucet and I'm going to drink it.  Why not?  

I've also not contributed to the tons of water bottles in the landfill. 

Neither do people who recycle. Where I live, recycling is mandatory and you are cited if you don't/mix your trash with recyclables.

Some people's water isn't safely drinkable due to circumstances beyond their control. Some people's water is safe to drink but tastes like kwap even after filtering.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Sheryl Crow said her doctor told her drinking out of plastic water bottles is what caused her breast cancer......

I'd get a new doctor. That's absurd.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland