Honored Contributor

Re: Drinking from plastic water bottles

I fill plastic bottles with tap water!

I live in NYC and we have very high quality drinking water.   You can read the reports online.

Respected Contributor

We always have bottled water in the house, no particular brand, but I'm always just filling up my empty bottle from the tap.  

Occasional Contributor

Our water comes from a well with chromium in it. We're told to get a whole house filtration system in the next 3 years. Right now I use a Zero Water filter for drinking water because it's the only one that's certified to filter out chromium.  I also just bought a pretty stainless steel bottle to fill and carry in the car. I get tired of the plastic taste of grab & go plastic bottles.
Respected Contributor

I drink tap water.  Chicago water is some of the best in the country.

I think bottled water is one of the biggest financial scams ever.  UNLESS you have a really BAD water system, it is a huge waste of money and resources.

I remember an episode of "Golden Girls" from years ago where Sophia wanted to sell bottled water.  She was just going to use their tap.  I cannot remember why she was going to say it was superior.  That was before the big bottled water craze.

Maybe people should consider the big systems like Hinckley Schmitt to at least save on all those bottles.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003  I've considered a water system for the house.  Do you think Hinckley is the best?  Schlepping all the water bottles is a chore and I'd like to stop depending on constant purchasing.  (Would love to move where the water is pure/clean and this wasn't an issue.)  I am familiar with Kangen, but need to do a lot more research.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Pellegrino in glass....I buy in bulk when on sale at Sam's Club or Costco.  I also do a lot of organic juicing and eat a lot of organic water rich produce so I'm always extra hydrated.  (This morning I'm getting ready to juice orange, grapefruit, lemon, and celery for breakfast....yums!)

I do use the plastic gallon size (come in twos at Sam's) for cooking water and final rinse on produce.

@phoenixbrd- same for me....Pellegrino and Voss

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

We drink and cook with spring water, and I use it in the Keurig and to make ice cubes.  I want to limit our exposure to flouride whenever possible.  I never buy the "purified" as that's just filtered municipal water.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I have a brita pitcher,but also buy poland springs water at bj's, there is a stainless steel  water system that is made in england ,can't think of the name that is suppose to be real good.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Trusted Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

I drink tap water.  Chicago water is some of the best in the country.

I think bottled water is one of the biggest financial scams ever.  UNLESS you have a really BAD water system, it is a huge waste of money and resources.

I remember an episode of "Golden Girls" from years ago where Sophia wanted to sell bottled water.  She was just going to use their tap.  I cannot remember why she was going to say it was superior.  That was before the big bottled water craze.

Maybe people should consider the big systems like Hinckley Schmitt to at least save on all those bottles.

Hyacinth

The purified variety is filtered municipal water, but I get cheap spring water, and it's fabulous.  Flouride is tied to Alzheimer's disease, and I want to limit our exposure to a chemical that is in most water supplies.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

@Stray  Yes,  I use Voss also.  I prefer using drinking water in glass containers.

@Stray wrote:

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Pellegrino in glass....I buy in bulk when on sale at Sam's Club or Costco.  I also do a lot of organic juicing and eat a lot of organic water rich produce so I'm always extra hydrated.  (This morning I'm getting ready to juice orange, grapefruit, lemon, and celery for breakfast....yums!)

I do use the plastic gallon size (come in twos at Sam's) for cooking water and final rinse on produce.

@phoenixbrd- same for me....Pellegrino and Voss