Regular Contributor

Re: Drew Barrymore to launch new talk show

Hard pass on this one for sure

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How dare they take my Hot Bench (CBS) at 2 pm off for her, though!  Why not The Talk instead?  Then when I surfed to see where Hot Bench is, I find it on another channel at 8 am.  Guess who else is on that channel as well?  Drew Barrymore.  It's not even known if it's a good show yet she's on two channels.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Sounds nice. Maybe it will be sort of like the RIcki Lake show.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Sounds nice. Maybe it will be sort of like the RIcki Lake show.

I actually saw it.  I thought it was pretty good.  They didn't have an audience obviously.  Guests were in person.  They had a nice wide set and the guests (Carmen Diaz & Lucy Liu who co starred with Drew as Charlies Angels)  sat abut 6 feet or so apart with out masks and chatted.  It's a 30 minute show.  Drew seemed comfortable and occasionally funny.  I saw it because I liked her.  Don't know if I will see it again.  Not going to tape it.  But over all, I liked it.  Ellen show is sharply funny, but I rarely see it.  But you need a host that is comfortable and Drew is.  I think they taped it in the morning and broadcast it in the afternoon.

Super Contributor

@songbird yes it started today, I came across it by accident and it won't happen again- it is another sub par talk show kind of like Tamron Hall's show and a knockoff of Kelly Clarkson's show- guests, and then the typical do good stories like they all have- was not entertaining at all and she did not seem comfortable in the role- she is a good actress but failed at a talk show

Esteemed Contributor

I couldn't get past the first five minutes.  Those who watched, is it worth turning on again?

Esteemed Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

It's on ABC at 3:00 in my area (metro-DC).  I'm not a happy camper.....I LOVED  watching Hot Bench!  I don't care for talk shows at all, so I won't be watching Drew.

I also watch Hot Bench. Sick of talk shows especially when I remember when they were born.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbella262 wrote:

Hard pass on this one for sure

Agreed.  I can't actually fathom the interest in her or her guests, shrugs.........

Trusted Contributor

I've always liked her but I don't watch many talk shows these days,  but hopefully I can find hers and give it a try.  

Valued Contributor

I never base opinions off a pilot. So I’ll give it a few days. I love Drew she comes across as a very genuine person.

There was nerves today and a lot of tearing up which I personally found out of place at times.

Hopefully she’ll find a rhythm.