Esteemed Contributor

Re: Drew Barrymore separated from husband

I don't think that Drew entered in to this marriage lightly, nor did she take it lightly. Maybe they did try hard to save the marriage, but realised that they were better apart than they were together.

Why do people always seem to assume the worst, when people divorce?

Why do people always seem to assume that no matter how long a couple is married for, that if they divorce, that that somehow equals that they didn't try hard to save the marriage?

I really don't think that Drew wants to go through a third divorce. 

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised.  I heard her on Howard Stern a year or two ago, and she was raving about him and how he was perfect for her.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Yawn. What a surprise, another celebrity marriage bites the dust.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

Have always liked Drew.  I always got the impression that her marriage to Tom Green was done as a joke or dare. 

People Mag did an article on her not that far back and after reading it, as messed up as she's been - it's surprising she's not even more so bc the article made it sound like she basically raised herself.  Her mother had issues and her father was barely if ever around.  IIRC, think it said she rented and moved alone into a NYC apartment in her mid teens (no adult supervision).

Honored Contributor

Saw her on The View and she seemed so happy and loved raising her daughters in the Jewish faith.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Saw her on The View and she seemed so happy and loved raising her daughters in the Jewish faith.

@Shelbelle  They are really little now to have much raising in it.  I wonder if that will even continue after the marriage ends since it's her husband that is Jewish (and technically under Jewish law the kids aren't since the mother isn't Jewish)..  

Respected Contributor

I don't them personally, I don't care about their marriage Anymore than they care about mine.  But I think many of those actresses only get married so they can have baby or two and once they have their children, they don't need or want the a marriage.  

Super Contributor

I like Drew and was sad to hear this. It seemed like she finally had the family she always wanted. That being said I did wonder when they sold the house in California where they had married under an old tree in the backyard. I remember reading in People how she said how wonderful it would be to always live in that house and have her daughter's play where she had married their father. 

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee

I believe in Reform Judaism, children are considered Jewish even if the mother is a convert.  I took an introduction to Judaism a couple of years ago and recall this was in one of the required reading materials.  If she converted to Orthodox or Conservative, this would not be the case. 

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

Since only 50% of married people stay married (the numbers are worse for 2nd marriages), this doesn't surprise me- Hollywood, celebrity or regular people.

It's always sad when a marrage ends and I hope both parties can find a way to remain close with each other and their children.

You have sacrificed nothing and no one.