Honored Contributor

Re: Drew Barrymore separated from husband

It saddens me, too.  Drew hasn't had a lot of happiness in her life.

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

No, she hasn't. It seems that she can't seem to hold on to happiness for very long.  I hope her children are being protected from their parents differences.

Respected Contributor

If they want it to work, it. will.work!!

I'm sick of hearing these wealthy celebrities have small children and split.  If you want it to work, it will.  

Valued Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Yes, she had a rough time with her mom and then the drugs. 

I was so sad and shocked to hear about their split.  She had recently done an interview where she said she was taking time off to be with her family and that she loved being a mom and that was her priority.

Honored Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

i really like drew and am thrilled with her two children and the fact that she had finally settled down.  i'm not surprised thay they've broken up.  even though i'm a great fan, i'm very sure that things have to be her way or no way and i also think thay she's probably very spoiled.  she has some lessons to learn if she is to ever find true happiness.  i hope she does. 

@ladyroxanne

You are VERY sure that things have to be her way or no way .......    and you think she's PROBABLY very spoiled?  Really?

Do you actually KNOW Drew ......   or is this just based on reading gossip magazines?

People get so judgmental with those in the entertainment business, ignoring all its demands amd complications.   Until you've walked a mile in her shoes ....

Honored Contributor

@Sunshine Kate wrote:

If they want it to work, it. will.work!!

I'm sick of hearing these wealthy celebrities have small children and split.  If you want it to work, it will.  

You must live a very uncomplicated life.    Unfortunately, marriage just isn't that simple.  

Esteemed Contributor

Of course i dont know them personally so I dont know why they are divorcing, but it seems to me people throw in the towel and give up too easily. Either that, or they marry for the wrong reasons to begin with. Anyway I find it sad how so many people get a divorce just because. (Of course i can understand if there is cheating or abuse or something like that).. But it seems to me most people just give up.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

People keep a LOT of secrets.............drinking, mental health issues, children nobody else knows about..............and the list goes on.  

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Personally, Drew Barrymore seems like a very unspoled person to me.  Why would anyone think she is spoiled?  Because she has money?  That girl has worked for everything she has since she was in diapers.  Her parents were very narcissic and disturbed people, who drank and used drugs, and lived off her money.  She was an alcoholic at 10, and didn't have parents to reel her in.  As I hear it, her mother depends on Drew.  Drew has been the mother to HER forever.  I think she has been searching for a family since she was 2.  I feel badly things have not worked out for her, she is such a sweet woman.  But she has a lot a baggage from her past.  I don't think her first 2 marriages were serious.  The first marriage was when she was drinking and doing drugs.  The second to Tom Green was on a whim. and after rehab I think/  She thought long and hard before this last marriage, and had waited a long time.  Who knows their issues, it is not for me to judge.

I do agree with shorty.  I think people give up too early, or easy at times.  Marriage is hard, hard, hard work!  It doesn't always work during certain times .  Sometimes if you fight and hang in there and work at it, the troubles pass and you move to the other side.  Sometimes not. 

I wish Drew the best, and I hope it is just one of those things they can work through, and get to the other side!

Valued Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Personally, Drew Barrymore seems like a very unspoled person to me.  Why would anyone think she is spoiled?  Because she has money?  That girl has worked for everything she has since she was in diapers.  Her parents were very narcissic and disturbed people, who drank and used drugs, and lived off her money.  She was an alcoholic at 10, and didn't have parents to reel her in.  As I hear it, her mother depends on Drew.  Drew has been the mother to HER forever.  I think she has been searching for a family since she was 2.  I feel badly things have not worked out for her, she is such a sweet woman.  But she has a lot a baggage from her past.  I don't think her first 2 marriages were serious.  The first marriage was when she was drinking and doing drugs.  The second to Tom Green was on a whim. and after rehab I think/  She thought long and hard before this last marriage, and had waited a long time.  Who knows their issues, it is not for me to judge.

I do agree with shorty.  I think people give up too early, or easy at times.  Marriage is hard, hard, hard work!  It doesn't always work during certain times .  Sometimes if you fight and hang in there and work at it, the troubles pass and you move to the other side.  Sometimes not. 

I wish Drew the best, and I hope it is just one of those things they can work through, and get to the other side!

@shoekitty  I agree with your statement.  I have a couple of girlfriends who have never been married and are desperate to find a husband.  They think marriage is the easiest thing and don't stop to consider different opinions, living with someone 24/7,  sharing EVERYTHING and extended families.