Esteemed Contributor

Even if I am a "senior", I dress the way I like. By that I do not mean stiletto's (uncomfortable), short skirts (not so good legs), or low cut tops (too shy). But I like to dress in fashion regardless of my age. I just bought a camo jacket and I love it. Do you dress in what you like no matter what your age as long as it's appropriate and in good taste?  

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

Re: Dressing Your Age. Whaaaa?

I dress for comfort, it's always appropriate for the life I live.

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep You darn tootin I do, as long as I feel good about myself and my attire choices, then to heck what other people think, I can't believe I just said that, I have come a long way, LOL!

Trusted Contributor

Yes...yes, I do!  But I'm a young looking soon-to-be 60 years YOUNG, so...

Honored Contributor

Image result for dressing your age quotes

Honored Contributor

Image result for dressing your age quotes

Honored Contributor

I never did understand the meaning of age-appropriate dressing. To me it seems to be something that society has defined. I don't consider myself to be a conformist when it comes to fashion. I've always enjoyed being a creative person and I think the fashion side of me is no exception and has no limitations.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Just fyi there is an ongoing thread in the fashion forum about this very topic.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I never did understand the meaning of age-appropriate dressing. To me it seems to be something that society has defined. I don't consider myself to be a conformist when it comes to fashion. I've always enjoyed being a creative person and I think the fashion side of me is no exception and has no limitations.Woman Very Happy

i agree!

i also think that the phrase "appropriate and in good taste" is quite subjective.

dress in what makes you feel good, what makes you feel comfortable, what brings out your uniqueness, and what brings out your style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I love camouflage!  Do you have a pic?