Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

There is a Dress Barn not too far from me in a strip mall.  I was in there once to buy a tank top and they had the specific color I was looking for.  

I'm sorry to see any store closing, but I wonder if the name had anything to do with it?  

It will be sad when "the Barn" is gone from the retail landscape.  Its name alone defied marketing conventions - always amused me.

Respected Contributor

Our Dress Barn is never busy.

Christopher & Banks has been struggling for a while. 

In 2011, the company closed 100 stores.

Super Contributor

LAWD!....I haven't shopped there in years and completely forgot all about them....RIP DRESS BARN!

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of Dress Barn; apparently they didn't have any stores in the areas I've lived.

Burlington surprises me. There is one about 15 minutes away and it's HUGE. They remodeled the entire store and it's the main competitor for TJ Maxx. Before school starts in the Fall and before the holidays, it is ALWAYS packed. 

Guess we'll see.

Valued Contributor

I just found a month ago the fit and flare dresses.I got 3 prints and was told more prints were coming in the future.They are perfect for my body type.I hope the website stays

,even if all stores close.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a good customer of Dress Barn's while I was working.  They offered good style, work clothes.  But haven't been in one for many years.  Am sorry to hear that they are closing down.

Honored Contributor

It was my fave store in the ouitlet malls. 

Valued Contributor

Glad I am retiring next year - more and more stores have closed and I shopped at all of them.  I didn't like 'everything' there but I usually could find a nice top for work.  Sad !

Valued Contributor

I read that the website is closing also, not just the stores.

Respected Contributor
I was in my local Dress Barn today taking advantage of the 50 % sale of 1 item and the store was packed with customers! Lines at the register, lines in the fitting room, etc...I bought several cute summer things..
It’s shocking and sad.