Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Oh Wow, I buy quite a bit from Dress Barn. Had no idea they were ready to go out. That's a bummer, although I will say that Dress Barn always tended to be high price for what they have. I'm an XL or 1X at the moment and the thing is I could actually find stuff there. If you're a small size, you can go anywhere. 

Honored Contributor

The one near me closed many years ago, it was in an outlet strip mall.

The next closest one is about 35 miles away by interstate, in an outlet mall

I rarely go that far, I have other choices closer

Honored Contributor

@daisyk   I understand completely as a tall person.  I've been shopping JCP tall ladies clothing since late 1980 and if JCP goes out of business I will need to be hospitalized.  I am not kidding.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama  Lol! I know what you mean though!

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

A few more on the bankruptcy watchlist for 2019 I haven't heard before.

Fitbit

Banana Republic

Remington - Guns

GoPro

Stein Mart

Christopher Banks

Burlington 

@Foxxee  Christopher & Banks?? I used to buy many, many tops and sweaters from them years ago. The clothing was very good quality. They had a store in our mall that closed several years ago.

Burlington?? Wow, that store has been around FOREVER. My mother always took me there to get my winter coats. We still have a store locally but I haven't been in there in over 25 years.

Sad to see these stores go. 

Honored Contributor

There is a Dress Barn not too far from me in a strip mall.  I was in there once to buy a tank top and they had the specific color I was looking for.  

I'm sorry to see any store closing, but I wonder if the name had anything to do with it?  

Trusted Contributor

This makes me so sad. Smiley Sad

Fitbit on the hit list surprises me. Everyone I know is wearing a Fitbit, most of them the latest model.

Honored Contributor

Very sad to hear this! I have one about 7 minutes from me, and I love it, super nice sales people, and the clothes are very nice without being too expensive.....

I mainly shop at Dressbarn and Macys for my clothes. This is most unfortunate as our local Mall has closed all of its Anchor stores as well......I guess I will be at Macys more often.....It really is too bad......I feel like Dressbarn for me has provided a nice Business Casual look as well as a Casual look for reasonable pricing......Sad!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised to see Burlington on the list because they are renovating part of an old Pathmark Supermarket nearby to move into.

Honored Contributor

I just read that, times are not god for retailers.  Years ago, Dress Barn was one of my "go to" stores.  Every time, I went to any mall,  I always stopped in Dress Barn and I usually bought something.  But that was years ago, I now do 90% of shopping with the shopping channels.  When I do shop stores, I go to their online stores to shop.  I do that because I am not limited to just what is on the racks in the stores; I have access to everything and the items that are only available online.  Also, when you are frequent online shopper, you get those 30% or 40%  emails that brick&mortar shoppers don't get.  Dress Barn is great for that!  I do hope they keep Dressbarn.com.  That's the way women shop now.  That's why so many retailers are failing.  Dress Barn and Chicos; those were my stores.  Now I wonder how long Chicos will be around.