Honored Contributor

Closing all 650 stores. Just read it on Facebook. USA Today’s page I think. 

And another one goes. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

Closing all 650 stores. Just read it on Facebook. USA Today’s page I think. 

And another one goes. 

@gidgetgh 

They closed the Dress Barns here a few months ago....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

So sorry to hear this as I shopped at Dress Barn often in the past.  They always had quality clothes and  variety.  It is a shame stores are closing.  I am out and about often and love shopping at stores.  For me it is a social experience and a fun time whether I browse or buy. Buying on line only isn't for me and I hope it never comes to that. 

Honored Contributor

The only Dress Barn I even know of has been in a small strip shopping center not too far from our area of town..,,have never been in it but it has been there about 25 years.  These stores are dropping fast!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

They closed the one down the street a few years ago, I rarely shop in theirs but I do shop on their website very often

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

A few more on the bankruptcy watchlist for 2019 I haven't heard before.

Fitbit

Banana Republic

Remington - Guns

GoPro

Stein Mart

Christopher Banks

Burlington 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dress Barn closing

[ Edited ]

Sorry to hear this.  For the last several weeks, I was tempted to write something on this board about my local Dress Barn.  It has looked cheesy and barren for months now.  Until about six years ago, I bought from them consistently.  Loved their fashions and the quality was decent and sometimes plus.  Once I began buying the Linea line from QVC in a full-on manner, they lost most of my business (through no fault of their own).

The quality of their clothing and accessories has diminished significantly lately, I think.  I walk through my local store often just to see what they are offering.  fWhat I've noticed for over a year is the minimal inventory they currently have -- before, you had to squeeze yourself between the different clothing carousels and displays.

Also, the same fashions now remain on the models in the windows longer than usual.  I also noticed that the regular managers were no longer present.  I wondered if they had been dismissed because of their "high" salaries..

Really, online purchasing (and I do quite a bit of it myself) has destroyed and changed commerce as we've known it for generations.

I hope we all survive...

[Dress Barn is in my local strip mall, but my other go-to store, Lord & Taylor, is at my local large mall and it looks imperiled as well.  I still buy from them on occasion whereas I have pretty much dropped Dress Barn.  Sometimes I'm shocked to see the limited clothing displays, and they showcase really crummy items.  Some displays remind me of the tacky kiosks that proliferated on that mall's main concourse.]

Honored Contributor

Wow, this is a shocker, seriously.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

I am sorry to hear this.  I'm an on/off Dress Barn shopper.  I still have several tops from a good 7 years ago that I wear.  All look great.  And they always had the prettiest dresses.

In my old General Foods' days, there was a DB in the shopping center around the corner from the building.  The day after payday, you would walk the halls and see all the DB fashions on us.

Sad to see it go.  

I wouldn't be surprised to see only a handful of stores survive in the next few years.

Honored Contributor

I'm tall with long arms and legs and last fall I happened to finally get around to visiting Great Lakes Crossing mall.  I browsed the Dress Barn and came across this jacket.  When I put it on it was like it was made for me, long sleeves and all.  Glad I bought it and have something to remember the store by.  

Image result for dressbarn faux leather jacket

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise