Valued Contributor

Re: Dreaming of Warm Weather

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Thanks for the advice & good wishes.Where is the Space Coast? What town do you live in?

DH & I will probably never move to Florida full time . We would never leave our son.But I do agree that it’s very expensive to live here.Taxes & utilities are through the roof.

Our hope is to go back & forth between New York & Florida. We do intend on checking out several areas before we decide.So any advice is much appreciated.We have friends/ family  in Naples, Kissimmee,Tampa,Boca Raton & Fort Lauderdale.Right now we are open to go anywhere.No particular place stands out.

@NicksmomESQ, The Space Coast is the area Kennedy Space Center is (area code 321) in Brevard County.  We're about 30 miles north of CoCo Beach and 20 miles south of Daytona Beach (Volusia County).  It seems this part of Florida doesn't get devastated by hurricanes as  much as other parts of Florida and our area is still rural "old time" Florida. We watch space launches from our front yard - awesome!!  We're a few miles from beautiful beaches in New Smryna  and the Cape Canaveral National Seashore - gorgeous, pristine beaches.  DH and I are beach people, so being on the East coast was for us.

You and hubby need to think about what appeals to you.  Jacksonville has lots of concerts, cultures, plays.  Orlando has restaurants, Disney, and is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. Although a popular area, it's way too much traffic for me, very metropolitan. Kissimmee is right outside of Orlando - west of us and central Florida.    

That's why I suggest you come on down, visit, but know what you think you may like.  It's a big decision prior to plunking down your hard earned $$$s.  But there is something for everyone here.  Let me know if I can be of further help.  LuLu

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435

Love! My aran sweater. Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I live in upper Michigan. We always have very hard winters. Would I ever change where I live? NO! I love our seasons. I especially love our summers here, they are so beautiful, but I know I feel this way because we have all four seasons. If I lived in warm all the time, I wouldn't appreciate lovely weather as much. But we are stuck in a snow pattern today through Friday. Predicting up to 20" of snow. Unusual? Nope, its about par here for January. 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

@Its Me LuLuBelle2  Thank you!! I will keep it in mind.DH & I are planning to do some serious exploring.

Valued Contributor

I left the sunny shores of Cardiff-by-the-Sea, California, and intentionally headed to the Tetons.

I love the snow swirled into the spruces and pines during the winter.

I love skiing, and other winter sports, especially sledding with my grandsons.

I love the bracing feeling when the cold air hits me when I leave the house.

I love the warmth of my house when I return.

I love a generous fireplace and enormous windows and watching the snow fall from a darkened sky.

I love looking out the window in the mornings to see the tracks of the animals who have been prowling around my house at night.

My desire for warmth and the ocean took me to Southern California.  My time there gave me a deeper appreciation for the mountains I call home.

I just thought I'd offer a different perspective of winter.  I know many people can't abide it but it is my favorite season.

Valued Contributor

Would love it to be warmer, but are warmer is Hot as Hades. Having to deal with Fibromyalgia on a daily basis. I think I need to find out where Goldilocks lives. Not to hot and not to cold Woman Happy

Super Contributor