Honored Contributor

Do you keep one?  Is there a site you use to interpret them?  I just started one last month........

Esteemed Contributor

I don't keep one but I should.  For years and to this day, I have had dreams about my High School boyfriend.  In each dream, every setting is different, but we always get back together.  My husband was even in one of the dreams, and I picked my HS boyfriend over him!  I recently reconnected with him on Facebook just to see what he is up to.  He never married.  We live on opposite sides of the country.  There is definately no interest, on my part, in seeing him in person.  But it is nice to chat with him occassionaly.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

That's funny Puppy.  Mine have been soo vivid but I forget the details if I don't jot them down within a short period of time.........

Esteemed Contributor

No, I don't.  Have thought about it through the years though.  I've had lots of deja vu.  Maybe I should have kept a journal.  Some dreams are just too odd to want to write down.

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Re: Dream Journal

[ Edited ]

Years ago, and for many years I kept a dream journal.   I learned a lot about myself, and how our dreams program odd things into our dreams.    

I often dream my future and with my own dream code figured out now I understand my dreams and what the message is in my dreams.

Let me explain what I learned in the code dreams.    One person in my dream is always an animal; not as their self.  Only I would understand why that person is that animal...from my childhood of life actions...was the key and understanding.  How I came to learn this is how I kept the dream journal.  

On one side of the book I would write down what I did that day.  On the other side of the book I would write down a dream if I had a dream that night.   I would look back one or two weeks or so and read what I did those days...and then read my dreams... that was when I saw the codes in my dreams.  And I saw how my dreams was telling me my own future that would come true in one or two weeks.  

No need to read other peoples ideas of codes in dreams because your own inner workings hold your own key to your private code.  Our mind is always here for us to use if we have the key to the code of understanding.

Reason why it does you no good to read other peoples dream book is for this reason......Maybe a symbol or action in your dream stands for good things but for someone else that symbol will stand for something bad.

The key is to keep the book and pin next to the bed and write it down before you get out of bed.  And write your daily actions before you go to sleep.   So you write before you go to sleep and you write when you wake up.   It is fun and takes time too.  

Honored Contributor

OWS, what kind of actions prior to sleep?  Like a daily round up of what one did all day?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

SydneyH,  Daily I would write who I talked with and the topic and where we went,,,, was it alone or with someone.  What I watched on TV sometimes.  Sometimes I would write down bits of the News I saw or read.  What others said to me; etc.

Just put down random things of your day.  Oh I didn't write like a teen does;  such as emotions and silly feelings that day.  

Honored Contributor

Interesting, do you see a pattern between the dreams and your activities or written thoughts?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I will have a normal dream.... and weeks later it would come about.     But the dream would be in symbols or codes that I would have to figure out....reason for the journal.  Takes time but it is learning about your mind too.  

I never wrote down my feelings or thoughts for the day.  I would write only what action I did for that day.

Respected Contributor

This thread is interesting SydneyH

I've never heard of dream journals before 

but I've heard we can learn more about 

ourselves from our dreams.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••