Occasional Contributor

I just read on Homeshoppingnista's blog that Shop HQ is launching a new Health channel featuring the DuBrows.  Don't know if the link will work but you can google Homeshoppingista.  https://homeshoppingista.wordpress.com/author/homeshoppingista/ 

Respected Contributor

I am sure that any shopping station would be eager to have him in these days of virus.  People are buying health items because they are fearful and everything he sells makes sense. Dr. Dubrow is a very famous and knowledgeable doctor (and also extremely rich).  

I know he has been featured an awful lot, but that is because people are not buying jewelry these days, so air time is reduced for low sellers, which is why Chuck Clemency departed.

I just switch the station, but I do appreciate Dr. Dubrow's expert background.

Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am sure that any shopping station would be eager to have him in these days of virus.  People are buying health items because they are fearful and everything he sells makes sense. Dr. Dubrow is a very famous and knowledgeable doctor (and also extremely rich).  

I know he has been featured an awful lot, but that is because people are not buying jewelry these days, so air time is reduced for low sellers, which is why Chuck Clemency departed.

I haven't watched in ages, so I didn't know that Chuck Clemency left the channel.    He used to sell awesome quality FINE jeweley and gems.  Last few times I'd seen his name he was selling costume.  That's a shame.  But it's shocking that he won't be there anymore.  I wonder if he will show up elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I haven't watched in ages, so I didn't know that Chuck Clemency left the channel.    He used to sell awesome quality FINE jeweley and gems.  Last few times I'd seen his name he was selling costume.  That's a shame.  But it's shocking that he won't be there anymore.  I wonder if he will show up elsewhere.

@chickenbutt He is on ShopLC selling jewelry.  

Valued Contributor

I'm not too sure of the financial status of this channel, but they should change their name to ShopDubrow. There was a time when I did make purchases there, but no more. He is on 90% of the time. If I flip past the channel, all I see is his nose! I did catch him on Oxygen's 'License to Kill' program. He was OK, however, the other physicians hosting are more watchable. 

Occasional Contributor

I so agree, but then again he and Heather need all those dollars to maintain their mega-mansion that took years to build.  I was first turned off when he tried to sell a small bottle of sanitizer for almost $30!!

Trusted Contributor

this is why they have to sell a lot of product.....21M

shocking to me that one family lives there...very piggish

https://www.mydomaine.com/heather-dubrow-orange-county-home

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

I'll give him one thing. He's a real hustler. He's got a great manager and makes himself available for a lot of gigs. He's forcing himself out there as a famous doctor. That's kind of what it takes. The bolder you are and the less you care what anyone says against your actions, the more clout you gather and the more money you make. Those are the modern social media rules.

@Porcelain   @cloudy63 

i was thinking the same thing ... whoever is managing his career is doing a great job.  Clearly, ShopHQ is happy to have him.  But as someone else said ...  a lot of the shows are re-runs, so that cuts down on the network's production costs, as well.

Honored Contributor

Hummm?? I have no idea if this is the case with him but my oldest daughter lives in a development where there are a lot of Drs and their wives are even nurses.

They have actually been hurting a little for income.

Think about it.  Very little elective surgery was done..very little.  That's most Drs bread and butter.

I would think even in La La Land that would be the case.

Remember they built that ridiculous house?  Then she dropped the housewives (no income there).

Like I said, what do I know but I often think people way over extend themselves, even and especially wealthy people.  

They aren't any different from all of us...only difference is the money they gain and loose is a much larger sum.