Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I have never quite forgiven Oprah for unleashing Dr. Phil on us😜

@tansy  ROTFL!  I didn't mind him on Oprah but his show takes advantage of people like Shelley Duval.  I don't find him more than a moderator now.

And that head-he looks like he ran away from Easter Island.

Ok I'm just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I'm truly sorry for offending anyone here. My thread was just an honest comment. I wasn't trying to shame anyone. I did say that I'm sure his donation will help many. Never for a minute did I think I would cause such an uproar. I've always enjoyed reading the threads on here. I've been on the board for many years, but only posted once in awhile. I guess I will have to think long and hard about posting an opinion in the future.

I do appreciate all of the kind posts, and yes, I appreciate the replies from those that felt I was out of line. I've learned a lot.

Oh @grandma petes please keep posting as you said/did nothing wrong.  Lots of opinions/viewpoints on a given day, please don't take it personally as most folks don't mean it the way it may be translated by someone else  . . . Smiley Happy

Thanks so much mtc. Your kind words made my day. 😊

@grandma petes so very glad to hear that my friend, you  come back here whenever you want as we will be more than glad to see you! Smiley Happy

eta:  This will make you laugh . . . I once got ambushed on of all things a thread about Aldi's . . . it got ugly so fast and so many people were saying such rude things my jaw actually dropped . . . I'm still here and I still shop at Aldi's!

I can remember my first thread on the forum. I made the mistake of not familiarizing myself with the board. I got pounced on so badly I never replied once and didn't think I would ever be back.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

My problem with Dr. Phil as many of his shows are helpful as I know I appreciated watching many of them when I was sorting out issues with my family after my mom passed but he also has a tendency to dumpster dive into areas especially during Sweeps Week that ruins whatever credibility he may have during the rest of the year.

I think of him as an "ambulance chaser." He'll follow a celebrity to the hospital for ratings.

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I'm truly sorry for offending anyone here. My thread was just an honest comment. I wasn't trying to shame anyone. I did say that I'm sure his donation will help many. Never for a minute did I think I would cause such an uproar. I've always enjoyed reading the threads on here. I've been on the board for many years, but only posted once in awhile. I guess I will have to think long and hard about posting an opinion in the future.

I do appreciate all of the kind posts, and yes, I appreciate the replies from those that felt I was out of line. I've learned a lot.

Oh @grandma petes please keep posting as you said/did nothing wrong.  Lots of opinions/viewpoints on a given day, please don't take it personally as most folks don't mean it the way it may be translated by someone else  . . . Smiley Happy

@grandma petes so very glad to hear that my friend, you  come back here whenever you want as we will be more than glad to see you! Smiley Happy

eta:  This will make you laugh . . . I once got ambushed on of all things a thread about Aldi's . . . it got ugly so fast and so many people were saying such rude things my jaw actually dropped . . . I'm still here and I still shop at Aldi's!

I can remember my first thread on the forum. I made the mistake of not familiarizing myself with the board. I got pounced on so badly I never replied once and didn't think I would ever be back.

@febe1 well I am glad you are still here.  When it happened to me all I could think of was aren't we a little old for "Mean Girls"? . . . so glad to see so many fun folks these days!

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I started an off-the-wall thread one night when I was new that went bad quickly.  I *suggested* that all posters with a long nic should change to one with no more than two syllables so the nics would be easier to type.  Thud!  I still remember two posters fondly that tried to rescue me from my bad attempt at being humorous 😜😂

@febe1 @grandma petes

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I cannot stand Dr. Phil and his phony persona .  I can't believe his show comes up with all these bazaar stories.  He could probably afford a million.  I wish his show was cancelled.  I never watch only see while I am surfing through channels.  I am really disgusted with doctors turning to be hosts of a TV program too.  All they want is the money.  Cat Tongue

His show doesn't come up with the stories.  Real people come up with their stories.

If you don't watch the show why would it matter to you whether it was cancelled or not.

Yeah, when people work all they want is their money.  Helps to pay for medical school.

Esteemed Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@febe1 well I am glad you are still here.  When it happened to me all I could think of was aren't we a little old for "Mean Girls"? . . . so glad to see so many fun folks these days!

@momtochloe, I had belonged to several other forums, also, and was taken aback. It's enough to make you blink, though! Woman Wink

Trusted Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

I just hate it when the resident lynch mob circles for blood on some hapless "NEWBIE."   Oh, the nerve of someone to be NEW.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@grandma petes wrote:

I started an off-the-wall thread one night when I was new that went bad quickly.  I *suggested* that all posters with a long nic should change to one with no more than two syllables so the nics would be easier to type.  Thud!  I still remember two posters fondly that tried to rescue me from my bad attempt at being humorous 😜😂

@febe1 @grandma petes

LOL - now that's funny, @tansy. And here you were, just trying to help!!! Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

I just hate it when the resident lynch mob circles for blood on some hapless "NEWBIE."   Oh, the nerve of someone to be NEW.  

Well, I can tell you, @SarahW, it must have been a really bad thread b/c not one person supported me.