Honored Contributor

Re: Dr Phil on the view 3/16/2020

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Watch the segment on today's View.  She agreed with him right after he mentioned it.

Hmmmm,I wonder why the whole system is ordered to close down then...........She should keep her  opinions to herself  and state the real facts!!! My own County

is on lockdown!!

No dr offices open

No dental offices open

no restaurants

no bars

no baseball

no football

no town meetings

no state meetings

no court trials

no nothing.........

I could list more if you want......

Over reactions are happening all over the country.

The task force is doing it, so why aren't you on board?

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Watch the segment on today's View.  She agreed with him right after he mentioned it.

Hmmmm,I wonder why the whole system is ordered to close down then...........She should keep her  opinions to herself  and state the real facts!!! My own County

is on lockdown!!

No dr offices open

No dental offices open

no restaurants

no bars

no baseball

no football

no town meetings

no state meetings

no court trials

no nothing.........

I could list more if you want......

Over reactions are happening all over the country.

@CrazyDaisy 

Oh 4 deaths up the block from me is overreacting????  I'm so sorry for my concern!

Honored Contributor

I don't listen to Dr. Phil or Dr. Ashton or any of those people about this virus. They dont work for the CDC. I do think Dr. Gupta is a very bright man, but I don't take advice from him about it either. I do find him interesting to listen to about a variety of medical subjects.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@CrazyDaisy 

Oh 4 deaths up the block from me is overreacting????  I'm so sorry for my concern!

There've been 5 deaths in my immediate area as of 3 days ago. I'm concerned but certainly NOT overly so.

My gosh, even with the swine flu pandemic about 10+ years ago, I don't remember anything like this happening. There were about 7 million-1.4 billion persons affected; 150,000-575,000 died. So far, only 7,000 have died from this coronavirus.

That's about 3.4% of people who've been diagnosed with corornavirus; or about a 96.6% chance of living. And the number of deaths is actually LOWER when those who've had coronavirus and not been diagnosed are included.

Respected Contributor

Why is he even talking about this? He is not a medical doctor.He gets his info like the rest of us.We really do not need any more 'stuff ' about this virus on t.v.Of course he knows everything.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

but I'm thinking when someone sneezes aren't  the droplets airborne

then it is my misunderstanding

Many common infections can spread by airborne transmission at least in some cases, including: Anthrax (inhalational), Chickenpox, Influenza, Measles, Smallpox, Cryptococcosis and Tuberculosis. Airborne diseases can also affect non-humans.

Honored Contributor

I listen to non-political, unbiased,well-informed medical professionals....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@MalteseMomma He was referencing around the world if that helps.

do you mean like crop spraying? or germ warfare

Honored Contributor

He served his residency in internal medicine.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with @hellie jo , @Spurt  and others who have pointed out that Dr. Phil is a PhD doctor, not and MD.  He has no board certifications and is not licensed to practice ANYWHERE.  He knows as much about this issue as my local newspaper.