Trusted Contributor

Re: Dr. Oz now pushing Walmart Products

On 1/27/2015 annabella said: I thought he was not endorsing brands, but today he had a fellow pushing Spring Valley Supplements on his show and it was mentioned to buy them at Walmart. I am sure they are very subpar products...full of additives and fillers. I guess even Dr. Oz can be bought if the price is right.

Why do you think he pushes certain products? Of course he's getting a cut!

Honored Contributor

On 1/28/2015 RedHeadedWench said:
On 1/27/2015 annabella said: I thought he was not endorsing brands, but today he had a fellow pushing Spring Valley Supplements on his show and it was mentioned to buy them at Walmart. I am sure they are very subpar products...full of additives and fillers. I guess even Dr. Oz can be bought if the price is right.

Why do you think he pushes certain products? Of course he's getting a cut!

Nah ...... he's just trying to keep his ratings up ...... or do you have PROOF he's getting a cut? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Respected Contributor

I think his show would get paid. Other shows get paid for product placement why wouldn't his?
Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 lovescats said: I think his show would get paid. Other shows get paid for product placement why wouldn't his?

Of course he's getting paid...or his production company is (same difference!)

Super Contributor

Oz used to have every vitamin and supplement you could imagine - daily, until that Congressional hearing which ended that. I was surprised to see the vitamins from Spring Valley.

He has had sponsors throughout his shows, he had Walgreen's for a while. Then a pharmacist from CVS came on his show.

Now he has celebrities on. Do they pay him or does he pay them? Lisa Vanderpump was on not long ago and he asked her if she had much "gas" and she was a bit insulted. KK was on, Jennifer A and J-Lo last week.

Respected Contributor

On 1/29/2015 moonstone dunes said:

Oz used to have every vitamin and supplement you could imagine - daily, until that Congressional hearing which ended that. I was surprised to see the vitamins from Spring Valley.

He has had sponsors throughout his shows, he had Walgreen's for a while. Then a pharmacist from CVS came on his show.

Now he has celebrities on. Do they pay him or does he pay them? Lisa Vanderpump was on not long ago and he asked her if she had much "gas" and she was a bit insulted. KK was on, Jennifer A and J-Lo last week.

I don't think he pays his guests because they are getting publicity for their books, movies or whatever. I don't think his guests would pay him maybe they give a book or dvd to everyone in the audience.

Super Contributor

For all the wrath I got on this thread about bad mouthing Spring Valley brand supplements.....now they are one of the four brands in the news today being investigated for poor practices. Eat your words for bad mouthing me and being so sure of yourself.

Respected Contributor

I can't find anything on Dr. Oz website about Spring Valley supplements.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Super Contributor

On 2/3/2015 newziesuzie said:

On 1/27/2015 he had a rep talking about Spring Valley supplements and how pure they were. They discussed buying them at Walmart.
Trusted Contributor

On 2/3/2015 newziesuzie said:

There was a Spring Valley contest sponsored by Walmart. It ended today.

www.doctoroz.com/page/spring-valley-giveaway