Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Oz now pushing Walmart Products

How do you know they are inferior??????? Or did you just lie about that?
Respected Contributor

I have used Spring Valley for years and improved a few numbers in our family too..

Walmart sells a lot of products lol..bias for sure.

Honored Contributor

OP, "you are sure they are very sub-par products" ....... what leads you to believe this? {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

FYI, Walmart carries a LOT of brand name products! {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

I'm a Walmart shopper and a Dr. Oz watcher....OMG....shoot me!

Seriously....just because someone goes on his show doesn't mean Dr. Oz is pushing the product....IMO...he provides information (some good...some not so good)....be informed and do your research.....there is no magic cure all...I'm amazed at how many people think they need to take or try everything they see on TV....and not just what is seen on Dr. Oz.

As for the Walmart haters....the prices can't be beat....my local Walmart is bright, clean, spacious, and well stocked.....even the fresh produce is quite good. We also use their pharmacy ...and we get our oil changes done there....I like the one stop shopping...saves me time and money.

Respected Contributor

I don't care one way or another about Dr. Oz...never watched his show. But the OP says "I'm very sure they are subpar products." How does she know? JUST because they are sold at Walmart?

We've bought Spring Valley supplements for years, and like them!

Honored Contributor

I'd far rather take medical/health advice from Dr. Oz than from a poster who loves to start controversy and has her own biases.

I say that even though right now I can't think of any product I've ever bought because he recommended it - just know lot of what he talks about makes sense to me. Almost nothing OP says does that.

The stupidest thing on my part???? - why don't I have this poster on ignore?

Super Contributor

The title is misleading, nevermind the whole post.{#emotions_dlg.bored}

Super Contributor

On 1/27/2015 Marp2 said:

Your bias is showing.

Excerpt from http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/30-supplements-are-not-what-theyre-labeled

How can you protect yourself? The researchers aren’t releasing specifics on which brands passed or failed their analysis.

But GNC, Solgar, and Spring Valley are three manufacturers that produce herbal supplements—including Echinacea, gingko biloba, and St. John’s Wort—that are free of contaminants and contain the labeled amount of herbs, according to ConsumerLab.com, a company that independently tests health products.

Worth repeating.

Super Contributor

Another Spring Valley customer here. I read labels very carefully and have found nothing wrong and lots right with the products I have bought.

Honored Contributor

It's very irresponsible for the OP to post that kind of information unless she has proof to back her claims. If not, keep your mouth shut.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment