Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Fauci says Santa is immune to virus

I'm sure that any parents who would take their child to sit on Santa's lap this year would not be people who would listen to Dr. Fauci. Completely different audiences.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

It was a very sweet gesture on his part, but par for the course, no good deed goes unpunished.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

It was a very sweet gesture on his part, but par for the course, no good deed goes unpunished.

I know just what you mean.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Esteemed Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I know just what you mean.

@Greeneyedlady21 exactly. Fauci meant well by being light hearted at holiday time. But with some it's going to turn into craziness with Santa  not having close up visits. Even 'Santa' will be adhering to social distancing! Possibly masks too.I know in NJ they showed on tv how there will  be plexiglass between Santa and kids visitng him.

Respected Contributor

Just tell the kiddies that Santa is immune but he can not be sure All those children who would come out to a Mall to see him would not be exposed to the Virus.  Santa loves all children and wants them to be as safe as they can be.  remember He reads all those LETTERS they send him.  IT IS A RELIEF to know that as Santa is making his rounds he won't be spreading the virus.  Santa is magic.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Anyone notice how a lighthearted and positive post for children suddenly  got turned around with negative comments?

Sometimes it's hard to "get along well" with others in this crowd on a consistent basis.

I'd be willing to bet many or most parents this year  aren't taking their kids to meet a fake Santa at a mall and have their photo taken 

The kids want  the "real and healthy" Santa to come to their house on Christmas Eve !!