Respected Contributor

Re: Dr. Fauci and Sanjay Gupta on Anderson Cooper tonite - Now

[ Edited ]

@Bhvbum 

Husband and I are reading the posts on this thread and laughing our heads off.

DH worked at NIH with doctors and scientists there for many decades (still does as an unpaid consultant),  and has been around Fauci many times.  

The thought of a career federal government scientist and physician having his own PR firm is hilarious.

I wonder why my husband never got his own PR firm.

Some people are revealing just how clueless and judgmental they can sound in the same breath.

Dr. Fauci would probably prefer being quarantined in his own lab doing research and  being able to ignore media who are begging for his comments and opinions.

Contributor

I will not listen to anything that comes from the mouth of Fauci.  This man is bad news! CNN is not allowed to be on in my house either.... I can find something else to do!

Trusted Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

@Bhvbum 

Husband and I are reading the posts on this thread and laughing our heads off.

DH worked at NIH with doctors and scientists there for many decades (still does as an unpaid consultant),  and has been around Fauci many times.  

The thought of a career federal government scientist and physician having his own PR firms as representatives is hilarious.

I wonder why my husband never got his own PR firm.

Some people are revealing just how clueless and judgmental they can sound in the same breath.

Dr. Fauci would probably prefer being quarantined in his own lab doing research and  being able to ignore media who are begging for his comments and opinions.

I always feel bad for him because he answers things as a scientist and then people on both sides go out and politically spin what he says. 

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I think Dr. Fauci is being careful because of some reactions to his opinions.

@DiAnne 

A lot resultd in panic and fear and they were wrong!

The panic and fear you refer to was justified by the number of very sick people and deaths.

@tansy 

The panic was caused by WRONG dire predictIons   

by the medical experts including Fauci and bad decisions made by one NY gov which caused the MAIN hotspot in the U.S......

And yet @Spurt  as is unfortuntely predictable given the American psyche, both now have their coterie of fans convinced pearls of wisdom routinely drop from their mouths... Go figure...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I think Dr. Fauci is being careful because of some reactions to his opinions.

@DiAnne 

A lot resultd in panic and fear and they were wrong!

The panic and fear you refer to was justified by the number of very sick people and deaths.

@tansy 

by the medical experts including Fauci and bad decisions made by one NY gov which caused the MAIN hotspot in the U.S......

And yet @Spurt  as is unfortuntely predictable given the American psyche, both now have their coterie of fans convinced pearls of wisdom routinely drop from their mouths... Go figure...

@stevieb 

Many blindly follow these modern "pied pipers"......and I think there are some that thrive on bad news and doom and gloom....

And I question the true motives and intentions of the CDC...why would they be involved in an issue like firearm control???? arent they supposed to be about public health and control of disease.....  Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Dr. Fauci has been giving an extensive interview on CNBC at this moment. and for about the past 15 minutes.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@tansy 

by the medical experts including Fauci and bad decisions made by one NY gov which caused the MAIN hotspot in the U.S......truly unprepared for a catastrophe ..

I think the results we have now are a good indicator of how correct the predictions were.  100,000 are dead and the worst economy since the Depression.  The rest of the world did the same.

I can't imagine the death toll if we had just gone on business as usual.  Staying at home, social distancing, washing hands, wearing a face mask and testing were the ONLY things the Scientists have recommended until we get a vaccine.  

Dr. Fauci has had 40 years at the NIH, he doesn't make economic decisions.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with you Stevieb. When you start asking questions, and looking at news on the trusted sites (away from MSM), lots of things there that make you go hmmm 🤔. Hope more folks start digging deeper and ask questions. Wish everyone would stop taking a news headline as valid news, especially when the content of the report has nothing to back the title is trying to make you believe. Then they pass it on in their social media outlets and it's all just wrong. Just propaganda reporting going on today.  I miss Peter Jennings and Walter Cronkite - real journalism where the goal was to bring the truth to the people of this great nation. 

QVC Customer Care

**closed for commenting**