Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr. Fauci and Sanjay Gupta on Anderson Cooper tonite - Now

[ Edited ]

Doesn’t Fauci have a few PR firms representing him?  I’ll stick with Johns Hopkins doctors and Dr Birx for now.  

I do enjoy seeing handsome Dr Gupta.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

@esmerelda wrote:

Have they mentioned yet that the CDC is now saying the virus does not spread easily by touching surfaces or objects?

Yeah, they got that one wrong too. 

New things are still being learned and discovered, so it makes sense that things are being retracted.

I don’t mean to be critical. I only wonder what did they “see” that caused them to say it spread on surfaces, stayed on surfaces for X number of hours or days, etc., and what changed their minds?

It reminds me of something I’ve heard...you can have it fast or you can have it right. 

I don’t mind waiting. 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

I'm surprised when people expect science and health experts to have all the answers during an unprecedented pandemic. 

Fauci does not have the freedom to express his views on economics and politics. He's walking a fine line. 

We won't see clearly regarding this virus season until years down the road - my opinion.    

I don't think anyone expects anyone else to have ALL the answers... but half a year into it and when all they come up with is then often later rescinded and their most significant prophylactic interventions are still to keep one's distance and wash one's hands, well, forgive some of us if we don't join in the hero worship...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I don't think it is my imagination but it has seemed that both Dr Fauci and Dr Birx have been more restrained with their answers or have not appeared at all these last few weeks.

And I found a lot of Dr Birx answers to questions posed to her to be somewhat vague.

Her expression alone while standing at the nightly conferences looked pained.

They might feel conflicted at times but may still want to be part of the task force.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I love Anderson   He is just a kind soul.  

Frequent Contributor

Anderson Cooper.  Nope.

Esteemed Contributor

CNN also includes Greta the teen climate girl as a Covid expert so ..... I will probably gives this town hall a pass. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

We're just walking a balance beam right now.  Some give, some take, science is not 100% but it tries.  Enter at your own risk type of stuff.  At least, that's how I've seen it.

Really, if you got on nationwide t.v. and said something, forever, you'd be quoted as saying thus and so, and I wouldn't want to make life or death predictions for anyone. 

As a doctor, I'd temper my remarks too, if I were any of them.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tansy wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I think Dr. Fauci is being careful because of some reactions to his opinions.

@DiAnne 

A lot resultd in panic and fear and they were wrong!

The panic and fear you refer to was justified by the number of very sick people and deaths.

@tansy 

The panic was caused by WRONG dire predictIons   

by the medical experts including Fauci and bad decisions made by one NY gov which caused the MAIN hotspot in the U.S......truly unprepared for a catastrophe .....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Doesn’t Fauci have a few PR firms representing him?  I’ll stick with Johns Hopkins doctors and Dr Birx for now.  

I do enjoy seeing handsome Dr Gupta.

Please let us know where you got that information about PR firms for Dr Fauci.  I looked on line and could find nothing.  In fact what I did find was 40 years at NIH and 6 presidents he has worked for.  He doesn't need PR.