Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dr. Fauci and Sanjay Gupta on Anderson Cooper tonite - Now

Have they mentioned yet that the CDC is now saying the virus does not spread easily by touching surfaces or objects?

Yeah, they got that one wrong too. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

Have they mentioned yet that the CDC is now saying the virus does not spread easily by touching surfaces or objects?

@esmerelda 

I suspected as much all along.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised when people expect science and health experts to have all the answers during an unprecedented pandemic. 

Fauci does not have the freedom to express his views on economics and politics. He's walking a fine line. 

We won't see clearly regarding this virus season until years down the road - my opinion.    

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

New things are still being learned and discovered, so it makes sense that things are being retracted.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Is this going to be more "theories" and "speculations"....if so Im bowing out.... I want to know facts....and if they arent going to provide that .....I think I'll pass....... Woman Frustrated  

The Hurricane Center gave there "predictions" today....

That's what the medical experts are for, to give facts.  But theories are good too, like:  "it's getting dark, clouds rolling in, wind picking up, smell in the air."  You can theorize that it is going to rain.  

I want to know if it is possible we will have rain.  That's why I'm watching.

@Bhvbum 

Theories just spread panic, fear, and depression and hoarding.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

I think Dr. Fauci is being careful because of some reactions to his opinions.

@DiAnne 

A lot resultd in panic and fear and they were wrong!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jeanlake wrote:

I'm surprised when people expect science and health experts to have all the answers during an unprecedented pandemic. 

Fauci does not have the freedom to express his views on economics and politics. He's walking a fine line. 

We won't see clearly regarding this virus season until years down the road - my opinion.    

@jeanlake  @Lucky Dog 

Im not talking the economic side of it ......  What I want is for him to keep theories and speculations behind closed doors within the medical and scientific community...then when they can give us some actual FACTS then share those with the public!  There's been too many contradictions and retractions and all that does is confuse the people.....  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you but it's a pass for me.  Dr. Fauci said numerous things in the beginning then did a total turn around.   

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@DiAnne wrote:

I think Dr. Fauci is being careful because of some reactions to his opinions.

@DiAnne 

A lot resultd in panic and fear and they were wrong!

The panic and fear you refer to was justified by the number of very sick people and deaths.

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt - Didn't direct my comments to anyone specifically, but I understand what you're saying. Too much talk in general. I feel the same about 24/7 news. Just too much. My peeve is people who demand to hear from experts then throw stones at them. That happens, too. 

I think we're all on overload.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau