QVC Customer Care

Re: Dr. Fauci Security Upgrade

This post has been removed by QVC because it is political

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

There was a doctor interviewed that disagreed with Fauci , when someone like this is given public exposure it creates controversy which we definitely don't need right now....and it just makes the public angry when they hear one "lone wolf" doctor regarding the handling of the situation....Woman Frustrated  Blame the media that just loves to stir things up which can easily lead to situations like this these days....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Sadly, there is so much hate attached to all kinds of public figures, even those who are serving in an exemplary manner.  Death threats are by definition the production of a sick mind.  Dr. Fauci handled it with aplomb when questioned at the task force briefing, and just goes on and does his job.

No one should have to contend with such hatred, but the government is "on it" and will offer him the best protection possible for as long as it takes, I trust.

I noticed after an initial flurry of respect for the illustrious careers of other figures, like Dr. Deborah Birx, that suddenly on the internet there were ridiculous, malicious attacks on her.  There is an extremity of feeling out there, which seems to be exacerbated by our current crisis.

These professionals will just keep on, "keeping on", in their vitally essential work.

Respected Contributor

@Oznell  Well said.  I had the exact same thoughts, except you expressed them so much better.

Esteemed Contributor

I naively thought we were ALL going to come together in this. But sadly no. Just look on the post here. Agendas are being put ahead of basic common sense. I try to focus on ALL the great people doing heroic acts. Mainly by people who never get recognized. Just one example: a bunch of teenagers are going to get seniors food and prescriptions for them so they don't have to go out.  

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

I'm all for protection of rights including freedom of speech.  However, once a threat is made, anyone who has made the verbal or written threat should be identified, arrested and jailed.  These things cross the line and have no place in our democracy.  

Respected Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Sadly, there is so much hate attached to all kinds of public figures, even those who are serving in an exemplary manner.  Death threats are by definition the production of a sick mind.  Dr. Fauci handled it with aplomb when questioned at the task force briefing, and just goes on and does his job.

No one should have to contend with such hatred, but the government is "on it" and will offer him the best protection possible for as long as it takes, I trust.

I noticed after an initial flurry of respect for the illustrious careers of other figures, like Dr. Deborah Birx, that suddenly on the internet there were ridiculous, malicious attacks on her.  There is an extremity of feeling out there, which seems to be exacerbated by our current crisis.

These professionals will just keep on, "keeping on", in their vitally essential work.

Thank you for stating it so well. I am also reminded of the many terrible threats that have been made over the past few years towards our US President.  Indeed, It is a very sad time.

Super Contributor

Dr, Fauci is our first line of defense against this virus.  Please be careful.  

Honored Contributor

I don't recall any reports of Dr. Birx receiving death threats. And I'm not going to come together with anyone who is perpetuating falsehoods and theories and ideas to the point where they lead to death threats against Dr. Fauci. One of two brilliant doctors who are the public face of the countless medical professionals and researchers. These are the people we need for scientific information now,  and vaccines and treatments later.

Countless opportunities to come together right now, but for me no can do when it comes to idolatry and death threats.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
QVC Customer Care