Valued Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese has a new face

On 12/30/2014 colliegirls said:
On 12/30/2014 golfcartrider said:

Why do these women try to make us believe it is their product that makes then look so stretched and "youthful." Look at Adrienne on HSN and Suzanne Sommers. They are both beginning to look like cat woman. lying about their product is deceitful, but they all do it.

When they say their product is why they look as good as they do as Adrienne does quite often is ridiculous.

My feelings exactly. This is not Dr Denese's first face lift!! Its obvious she has had them before also.

I've thought for sometime that she has had previous surgery (no way will her products make her look that good).

Every perfect gift is from above.
Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone really think a good skincare line is going to "prevent" wrinkles and sagging from happening "forever" or that it will repair existing wrinkles? That just won't happen.

It may help "slow down" the formation or soften the wrinkles one has, but more lines and sags will eventually come, no matter what one does.

I think people need to be realistic about what skincare will, and will NOT, do. I think we also need to listen to vendors with a grain of salt and realize there is NO such thing as a facelift in a bottle but remembering that good quality products do at least help. I think most people will still look better using a good skincare line than if they do not.

Dr. Denese is no more immune to time and gravity than anyone else.

A facelift lifts and redrapes the skin, but it doesn't do anything for the actual quality of the skin itself. THAT is where a good skincare line, likes Dr. Denese's products, comes into play.

Dr. Denese is in a very difficult position. If she gets work done, people will say her line is obviously no good, she's had work done, I'm not buying it.

If she didn't get work done, people will say her line is obviously no good, she looks like a prune, I'm not buying it.

I still think she looks great. Her eyes may be a little tight but they will settle in. I know what I am talking about. I had an eyelift about 10 years and I couldn't close my eyes completely for awhile either. Freaked my husband out when he saw me sleeping with my eyes half open, LOL. Fast forward to now and the lids are looking a little hooded again, despite daily SS and good eyecream. That is because 10 years have gone by and even an eyelift is not permanent. My lids still look much better than they did before though, no regrets.

Time marches on for everyone.

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 SoftRaindrops said:
On 12/30/2014 Its Better To Be Naughty said:
On 12/30/2014 BeckiWV said:
On 12/30/2014 twopeas said:
On 12/29/2014 birddrops said:

Posters are flipping out in the Beauty Forum. Personally, I don't think it is hypocritical of her at all. Her products are skincare products, enabling users to have nice and/or beautiful skin.

There is no product that will keep one's face from falling, due to gravity. Hence, a facelift. Two completely different issues, in my opinion.

ITA.

This is my opinion as well.

I also think she looks great.

She looks stunning...the eyes look a little tight but maybe they are like leather shoes they break in. She truly looks beautiful to my eyes.

Ok, I am glad you think she looks stunning. To me she looks more stunned than stunning but that's why I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Smile

She was always a lovely lady but now she looks desperate to turn back the clock and it really says nothing for her skin care products that she touted prevented lines, wrinkles and sagging.

I have been following her dietary program for years now (the one she discussed in her book) and that did help me to age more slowly. But putting the knife to my face so I can look like some housewife of whatever....never going to happen. Dr. Denese should have left well enough alone. Now she just looks like a shadow of herself.

The eyes look a little stunned...maybe with time they will relax?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

Hi Becky...NO...every time I see this will lift your face...I know they are lying(?) speaking an UN-thruth(?) whatever it is...NO cream will lift your face.

Respected Contributor

On 12/30/2014 firstsoprano said:
On 12/30/2014 colliegirls said:
On 12/30/2014 golfcartrider said:

Why do these women try to make us believe it is their product that makes then look so stretched and "youthful." Look at Adrienne on HSN and Suzanne Sommers. They are both beginning to look like cat woman. lying about their product is deceitful, but they all do it.

When they say their product is why they look as good as they do as Adrienne does quite often is ridiculous.

My feelings exactly. This is not Dr Denese's first face lift!! Its obvious she has had them before also.

I've thought for sometime that she has had previous surgery (no way will her products make her look that good).

I think she used some fillers and she said in her book that she believed in human growth hormone but I think other than that, little to no surgery.

She could have been a role model for women who are aging and look really good for their age. I would have thought she had more credibility if she DID have a slight line or some sagging because she is now in her 60's. The skin can be beautiful in your 60's and she could have just promoted her products help to keep a woman looking her own best self. By having plastic surgery that makes her look so plastic and fake, she no longer has credibility for myself.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Becky...NO...every time I see this will lift your face...I know they are lying(?) speaking an UN-thruth(?) whatever it is...NO cream will lift your face.

I agree. NO cream will lift one's face. I do think good skincare goes a long way though and I feel like I look better with it than without. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On 12/30/2014 BeckiWV said:

I agree. NO cream will lift one's face. I do think good skincare goes a long way though and I feel like I look better with it than without. Smiley Happy

Agree...I try to take care of my skin...but realize there are limitations of what creams can do.

Honored Contributor

Had her nose done, which really always kept her from being pretty.

Honored Contributor

I was never interested in her products and never bought any of them. But I did look at the video today and noticed the difference. She is not as pretty anymore, she just looks like a woman with a facelift.

I think her sales will go down because so many of her fans are disappointed now.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

Often, especially when the eyes are lifted from the forehead ( not just an eyelid lift) the eyes look like someone stuck something up their "you know"!