Respected Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg 

@Sheila P-Burg wrote:

@ms traditional  .....Can you tell me where this info was found?

this was an interview i found on line, googling Deborah Birx  - retracing my steps i see it was at the Guardian - which was a new site for me.  

Trusted Contributor

@ms traditional  .....  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

Info on Dr Birx -eminently qualified, experienced and a decisionmaker:

Of the three people leading the U S response to the coronavirus, only one, Dr Deborah Birx, has previously been on the frontline against a mysterious virus which scientists couldn’t stop.

@ms traditional - Thank you for posting this article about Dr. Birx. But I have to disagree with the first paragraph.

Dr. Fauci was the face of HIV/AIDS. At the time people couldn't figure out that one either. And scientists and doctors couldn't stop it. From Science Speaks (2011) :

Anthony S. Fauci, MD, is arguably the U.S. government’s best-known scientist. While he has testified to Congress on more than 200 occasions and interacted with every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan on a variety of issues, he is known most for his work on HIV/AIDS. He was appointed Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in 1984, and oversees an extensive research portfolio of basic and applied research to prevent, diagnose, and treat infectious diseases such as HIV/AIDS and other sexually transmitted infections, influenza, tuberculosis, malaria and illness from potential agents of bioterrorism.

John Donnelly interviewed Dr. Fauci for Science Speaks’ series on the 30th anniversary since the discovery of a virus that would turn out to be HIV, and he talked about everything from how he first learned of the disease . . .to the unmet needs today to fight the pandemic.