Esteemed Contributor

Dozens Of Baby Spiders In Bedroom In Austrailia......

A women found dozens of baby Huntsman spiders on the walls of her DD's bedroom in Austrailia.  Evidently they came out of a crack in the wall. I saw the video on ABC news website.

Baby spider, my foot.  These things were the size of a half dollar. The term baby is relative, Huntsman spiders have a leg span of 8 to 10 inches.

I am not usually skittish about spiders but, I would burn my house down if I saw that. The article said they are fast and they jump to boot. I don't care if they are not poisonous, gasoline met match.

Beautiful country but some awful creepy crawly things there.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dozens Of Baby Spiders In Bedroom In Austrailia......

[ Edited ]

@CrazyKittyLvr2 

Here's an adult Huntsman spider from Australia. 
How would you like to see this on your wall.....😮😱

Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home | WFLA

Here's the babies---

Huntsman home invasions triggered by weather, spider expert says, and  they'll eat each other rather than you - ABC News

And I thought the Texas Wolf Spiders were bad....One time I had one sitting on my front step.....

Biggest wolf spider I've caught so far! Extra photos in comments : spiderbro

Never squish a spider, you could release hundreds of babies

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

What?? that is huge.Smiley Surprised

How can she get rid of them??

spraying???

Don't care if someone told me they were harmless,,or whatever...i would want them gone!

Shuddering just looking at one in pictureSmiley Surprised

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor

Australia seems to be full of all manner of creatures that await the opportunity to kill you.  Extremely lethal snakes and insects.  I often wonder if moms hesitate to let their children play outside.

We have huntsman spiderd here in NM but they don't get nearly as large as described.  I've never seen one.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

OMG!  I would just faint.......this is why I live in a cold climate.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Australia is famous for creepy looking creatures, but more important...poisonous snakes.  Lots of them.  They get in to homes, etc.  Sometimes they get plague like millions of frogs and locusts.  Although they have some rivers, Australia is mostly uninhabitable.  Even the original natives lived were the present day people live, huddled around the rim of the country.  The further you go in, the hotter it gets.  The center of the country is desert, where only a few camel go.  The early settlers had a heck of time farming.  Australian land is just as strange. Acres of land would be very fertile.  Then 10 feet past, would be land that would grow nothing.  Through out the entire country, it would be like that.  I read a wonderful book about the founding of Australia called The Fatal Shore.  It's quite famous.  I recommend it.  One strip of land in Australia is the closest you will get to paradise.  The bottom strip of Australia.  Where Adalaide is.  Their weather is a duplicate of Southern California.  Sunny with little rain.  But like California, it has wild fires.

India holds the record of the most lethal snakes and insects.  The further you go in to the equator...the nastier it gets.

Honored Contributor

Here's what she found:

Australia, spider in Australia, Sydney spider viral story, woman finds spiders daughter room, trending, twitter reactions, indian express, indian express news

Honored Contributor

Yikes! Something out of a really bad nightmare!Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@songbird wrote:

Australia is famous for creepy looking creatures, but more important...poisonous snakes.  Lots of them.  They get in to homes, etc.  Sometimes they get plague like millions of frogs and locusts.  Although they have some rivers, Australia is mostly uninhabitable.  Even the original natives lived were the present day people live, huddled around the rim of the country.  The further you go in, the hotter it gets.  The center of the country is desert, where only a few camel go.  The early settlers had a heck of time farming.  Australian land is just as strange. Acres of land would be very fertile.  Then 10 feet past, would be land that would grow nothing.  Through out the entire country, it would be like that.  I read a wonderful book about the founding of Australia called The Fatal Shore.  It's quite famous.  I recommend it.  

India holds the record of the most lethal snakes and insects.  The further you go in to the equator...the nastier it gets.

@songbird  @Kachina624 

They had an interesting show on the Discovery Channel about Australia's venomous and poisionous creepy crawlers on both land and sea...ARRGGHHHH  I always thought it would be a fun place to visit but after that show...NO THANKS!!!  I'll put up with the critters we have here in Texas....tame compared to that ---

To me the scorpions are the creepiest critters here--

What you need to know about scorpion sightings and stings

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

Even I would scream!😮

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.