Respected Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey. Who is your favorite Character? Who the least favorite?

I love them all, even the ones who are deliciously evil! Smiley Happy They all.make the show what it is. I sort of feel sorry for Thomas. He has a rough experience, because of who he is. I'm sure his past contributes to.his evil-ness.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

I love all the characters too for reasons stated. But my least favorite is Tom Branson. Only because I find the character and story line a little boring. Isabelle Crawley I love too. Penelope Wilton is such a good actress and I love her facial expressions when the countess throws her a verbal barb.

Honored Contributor

I really do not like Bates and Anna being together. I think he is capable of horrible evil under the right circumstances. She deserves better. though i don't think he would ever hurt her.

Honored Contributor

Oldest daughter. (Mary) The mom is 2nd. That's upstairs.

Downstairs, Head lady, (Mrs. Hughes) then the little blond.(Anna), but then I like the head guy downstairs.(Mr. Carson). Oh, they're all great!!

I'm so tired, no names right now.

Wait a minute, the Dowger is a favorite. (Maggie Smith)

Trusted Contributor

Just saw a clip of the new Cinderella movie and Lady Rose plays Cinderella! I was thinking, "where doI know that actress from?" Then it hit me, it's Lady Rose! Carson is my fave and Jimmy my least fave. I don't like the actress who plays Cora, so she annoys me. Her whiny voice and the way she puts her head to the side. I know, I'm nuts,lol!
Super Contributor

Favorites are the Dowager Countess, Isobel Crawley and Martha Levinson. They get the best lines. Pithy. Each capable of the perfect put-down.

Never cared for Matthew (RIP). Started out as a strong character but became almost effete. No match for the strong-willed, rather dour, regent of the manor, Lady Mary.

I could really use a Mr. Carson, and if Mrs. Hughes tagged along, that would be perfect. Branson can drive my car anytime if he can adjust to the right side of the road. No need for Anna and Bates since we are capable of dressing ourselves. Love the whole downstairs bunch, even Thomas. (Wonderfully malevolent)

Honored Contributor

Favorites: Mr. Carson and the Dowager Countess

Least Favorite: Matthew's mother--can't remember her name! Oh and Mr. Bates. I think he does nothing for the story and hate when we have to see that story line.

Super Contributor

If I have to choose one favorite it would be: Bates and Anna (they go together)

Least favorite: Thomas followed by O'Brien

War Eagle!
Respected Contributor

I liked Sybil best and have not watched the show much since she died, though it was an excellent storyline.

Downstairs? Mr Bates and his admirable and perfect wife.

The evil characters are so well played, though, too.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 happy housewife said:

I really do not like Bates and Anna being together. I think he is capable of horrible evil under the right circumstances. She deserves better. though i don't think he would ever hurt her.

Because he may have killed her rapist?
A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices