Respected Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey. Who is your favorite Character? Who the least favorite?

Maggie Smith would get the prize from me, her expressions are so amusing. Of course, she is a long time award winning actress.

Mary's experiences are interesting but I didn't like the character until she became softer when married to Matthew. So sorry the beautiful younger sister (Sybil)was phased out; I also miss Matthew.

I'm wishing something good is going to happen to Edith in this series.

Frequent Contributor

Awesome topic! Fave is the Dowager Countess (would be Matthew if he was still alive - so handsome!). Least fave - Thomas followed by Rose (she just bugs me for some reason).
Valued Contributor

On 1/2/2015 Kates BFF said: Awesome topic! Fave is the Dowager Countess (would be Matthew if he was still alive - so handsome!). Least fave - Thomas followed by Rose (she just bugs me for some reason).

I went to see Night at the Museum a few days ago. Dan Stevens who played Matthew plays Lancelot. He was very handsome in that part and also very good. A totally different kind of role for him.

Frequent Contributor

Taxy! I totally agree with you. Dan was great in that - actually kinda stole the show. Who knew he could do comedy? He was also brilliant in the small independent film this year called The Guest. It's an action/horror film, and not for everyone, but a must see for his fans. He plays a soldier returning from the war (cant't recall if it was Afghanistan or Iraq). His southern drawl is amazing. So handsome!
Honored Contributor

On 1/3/2015 TaxyLady said:
On 1/2/2015 Kates BFF said: Awesome topic! Fave is the Dowager Countess (would be Matthew if he was still alive - so handsome!). Least fave - Thomas followed by Rose (she just bugs me for some reason).

I went to see Night at the Museum a few days ago. Dan Stevens who played Matthew plays Lancelot. He was very handsome in that part and also very good. A totally different kind of role for him.

Did you see him (with dark hair) as a drug dealer in A Walk Among the Tombstones?

I like almost all the characters but have a special place in my heart for Tom.

Valued Contributor

On 1/3/2015 lulu2 said:

Did you see him (with dark hair) as a drug dealer in A Walk Among the Tombstones?

I haven't seen that one. Sounds like a movie my husband would like. I first saw Dan Stevens in Sense and Sensibility. He played Edward Ferrars. So I was familiar with his acting prior to Downton. I wish he would have stayed with the show but it did open up some love interests for Mary.

Honored Contributor

On 1/2/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 1/2/2015 happy housewife said:

I really do not like Bates and Anna being together. I think he is capable of horrible evil under the right circumstances. She deserves better. though i don't think he would ever hurt her.

Because he may have killed her rapist?

I'm not certain he didn't kill the wife as well. I guess we will find out this season if he killed the rapist. He definitely has a dark side.

Why can't these people get dressed and undressed without someone to help them?

Honored Contributor

Reading why posters like or dislike characters is eye opening. Everyone has a past and some here are in for some big surprises this season.

The fact that so many have strong feelings is an indication how good (at their craft) the actors really are.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, I did! He was great in that, but too thin.
On 1/3/2015 lulu2 said:

Super Contributor

Bates is my fav character......Thomas not. Love Edith but Mary is aggravating. Kudos to all the actors and everyone involved in the production though......a quality event.....