Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey. Who is your favorite Character? Who the least favorite?

On 1/3/2015 happy housewife said:
On 1/2/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 1/2/2015 happy housewife said:

I really do not like Bates and Anna being together. I think he is capable of horrible evil under the right circumstances. She deserves better. though i don't think he would ever hurt her.

Because he may have killed her rapist?

I'm not certain he didn't kill the wife as well. I guess we will find out this season if he killed the rapist. He definitely has a dark side.

Why can't these people get dressed and undressed without someone to help them?

There's a new companion show that goes with Downton Abbey... The Manners of DA. Or something like that.

I watched most of it last night, but it will be repeated. Fascinating. A segment dealt with how many times a day the noble women of that era had to change clothes. About 7 times a day, it seems. And the clothing was elaborate, they did need help.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 TaxyLady said:
On 1/4/2015 Pickwickpapers said: Bates is my fav character......Thomas not. Love Edith but Mary is aggravating. Kudos to all the actors and everyone involved in the production though......a quality event.....

I agree. It is one of a few quality shows on TV. I wish the series was twice a year. Julian Fellows has been commission to do a series about Cora and Robert and how they met. I am looking forward to this. I also read where PBS is doing a remake of Poldark. That should be a good show. Keep the quality shows coming, PBS.

I loved Poldark!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I love me some Bates!
Valued Contributor

On 1/5/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 1/3/2015 happy housewife said:
On 1/2/2015 NoelSeven said:
On 1/2/2015 happy housewife said:

I really do not like Bates and Anna being together. I think he is capable of horrible evil under the right circumstances. She deserves better. though i don't think he would ever hurt her.

Because he may have killed her rapist?

I'm not certain he didn't kill the wife as well. I guess we will find out this season if he killed the rapist. He definitely has a dark side.

Why can't these people get dressed and undressed without someone to help them?

There's a new companion show that goes with Downton Abbey... The Manners of DA. Or something like that.

I watched most of it last night, but it will be repeated. Fascinating. A segment dealt with how many times a day the noble women of that era had to change clothes. About 7 times a day, it seems. And the clothing was elaborate, they did need help.

I watched the show too. I understand now why getting dressed and undressed is such a chore with all the corsets etc. They need a ladies maid. Not sure I would know which knife and fork to use at the dinner table. It was a very interesting show. The one thing about Downton , for a hour or so, you are transported back in time when manners mattered and reputation was everything. Downton is a great escape from the stress of our world.

Trusted Contributor

Love them all ~ favorite: Anna & Mr. Bates, least favorite: Thomas, but isn't he the one you're supposed to "love to hate"? Enjoyed last night!
Honored Contributor

I predict the story line will be that Thomas steals something from Cora and the maid gets blamed.
Honored Contributor

I feel bad for poor Branson, he does not fit in anywhere.
Valued Contributor

On 1/5/2015 happy housewife said: I predict the story line will be that Thomas steals something from Cora and the maid gets blamed.

Hmmmm. That would be a good storyline.