Esteemed Contributor
Respected Contributor

@SoX

Thank you for this information.  I might begin my Christmas shopping for someone who enjoys the show as much as I do.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

Yes, thanks for the info, SoX, all ordered Smiley Happy

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven

Did you notice we get free teas (6) with the Season 6 pre-order?

Honored Contributor

@SoX wrote:

@NoelSeven

Did you notice we get free teas (6) with the Season 6 pre-order?

I did!  Woman LOL

I love tea samplers.  Saves us from having to buy several kinds of tea and not liking one or more.  I love tea, I drink several kinds daily Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I love this series and after watching the trailer, I do not know whether I'm more excited or sad.

Honored Contributor

so annoying that PBS delays showing it here till next year, it is not as though viewers wont' find out what happens.  They could do a huge promo with it

I don't follow the show that much but my husband likes it.

Honored Contributor

Re: Downton Abbey Trailer

[ Edited ]

@jackthebear wrote:

so annoying that PBS delays showing it here till next year, it is not as though viewers wont' find out what happens.  They could do a huge promo with it

I don't follow the show that much but my husband likes it.

I don't think it's PBS, it's when the show is released to the US by the PTB in the UK.

If that's not correct, maybe someone can tell us for sure.

EDIT: Just checked it out, it most certainly does seem to be PBS, at least it was a couple of years ago, probably still is.

Super Contributor

@SoX wrote:

I recently bought a Prime membership ... the first thing I did was watch Seasons l through 4 on my computer last week.  I'm saving Season 5 for later (or maybe not ...).   Don't know why I never watched this show until now!  

You can pre-order Season 6 now for release in early January ... I'm going to do that.

Buyer beware! 

I purchased the DVD for each season as it ended and I noticed that there are scenes missing from each episode. 

I purchased from amazon but they were the PBS DVDs which stated they were "original, uncut, UK edition"

What they showed on PBS is the "original, uncut, UK edition" but the DVDs are not.

So make sure you watch it on PBS first because if you buy the DVD you'll get a cut version.

I was so mad (and sad....boohoo!) that they chose to do this.

Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven wrote:

lulu, I know!  The music really got to me on the trailer, I love that song, anyway.

ITunes has the soundtrack available; you can even get the opening music as your ringtone.

downton-abbey-soundtrack-artwork.png