Super Contributor

Dorm living-I forgot what you have to put up with

My daughter has had an interesting week after going back to school this winter.

She used the vacuum cleaner and found that someone had tried to clean up

vomit with it. You just can't vacuum up vomit. 

She lives on a women's floor but men are on other floors of the building. She was brushing her teeth when in walks a male and went to the urinal and started using it. She walked out and reported it to her CF.  What a pig. You wouldn't do that in a public setting or even at home so I am shocked that he was too lazy to walk 50 feet down the hall to a unisex bathroom. 

They have them in there because sometimes the floor changes to males instead of female. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Dorm living-I forgot what you have to put up with

Wow.  I went to college in the 90s and there was no such thing as coed. You had to sign your male guests in and out by a certain time too.  And I went to a major public university.  

I had the roommate from hell the first year and then went roommate free by living in a cheaper dorm so I had the place to myself.  I still have nightmares about that.  It was the worst part of college and I have never lived with anyone ever since and never will.    

Honored Contributor

Womens floor = womens bathrooms. I'm still trying to figure out why there was a urinal in the womens bathroom in the first place.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Womens floor = womens bathrooms. I'm still trying to figure out why there was a urinal in the womens bathroom in the first place.

Me too...

Super Contributor

They change can change the floor to a mens floor when they wish to.  Every other floor in her building is men/women. 

Honored Contributor

That is just plain disgusting, rude and unnecessary.  However, that is what society wanted for us to all pee together.  I find it totally unacceptable, guess you could call me old school.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

Good for your daughter for speaking up. 

Dorm life can can be difficult. It’s a mix of all kinds of kids. (I do mean kids.) Sometimes they act out, go overboard because they are given independence they have never had before. 

Esteemed Contributor

Funny how some women have no problem using the mens room if the line is to long for the ladiies, yet don't want to accept that a man could have an urgent need.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

I'm so glad those days are over. My daughter's 2nd year roommate used to lock her out when she had various boys over. 

I don't think there is anything wrong with a man usiing the womens restroom...IF it's not in use. You can't walk into an occupied bathroom and just pee. lol

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Omg...how gross....I went to school in the 80’s we had separate dorms, I had a huge room with 1-2 roommates and our own bathroom...it was awesome

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it