Honored Contributor

Re: Doris Roberts passed away age 90

i have been laughing with her characters since the show ANGIE!

may she rest in peace.....what a great entertainer she was.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

Aww may she rest in peace. Besides Everybody Loves Raymond, I loved her as Mrs Miracle in the Hallmark Christmas movies. I watch them every year.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Respected Contributor

doris was so much fun to watch.  she truly will be missed.

Super Contributor

Had forgotten about Angie. I guess I watched all her series. Really enjoyed her, may she RIP.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonchilde wrote:

How many remember her as Mildred the secretary in Remington Steele? I think I fell in love with her then.

I do. I remember that her husband passed away during this time. I also remember Pierce Brosnan and his late first wife Cassandra had a baby boy and named him Sean William. His middle name was after Doris' husband. 

I think a few years ago she had a small Italian pottery line here on QVC, didn't she? I almost bought one of her bowls, but I didn't. Now I wish I had - they were beautiful!

I found it - it was Pietra Italia, stoneware made in Italy. 

Trusted Contributor

We're watching The Middle on the Hallmark channel and the episode of her as Bricks teacher is on. I can't believe she was 90. Great actress that will be greatly missed. 

Honored Contributor

She was in a lot of shows, and fun to watch. I'm sure there will be a lot of people who will miss her. Another to add to that era. Condolences.

Honored Contributor

She was a fabulous actress.  I adored her in the Raymond show.  She was tremendously funny in everything she did.  She had a special way about her.  You wanted her for your grandmother, bur you also wanted to just hang out with her as she seemed like she would be so much fun.   A true classic and will be missed tremendously.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

She helped to make that show so funny,i had no idea she was 90,what a shame ,she will be missed.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

If I remember correctly, he husband lived on the east coast and she on the west?  Maybe I'm confusing her with someone else, too lazy to google.....

You may be consfusing her with Estelle Getty from Golden Girls, her hubbyr refused to leave his biz in NY and she moved out west by herself when she got the role on GG.