Honored Contributor

Re: Doris Roberts passed away age 90

Wow!  90!  I didn't think she was that old.  Maybe because she dyed her hair? lol

I remember her saying her home was named case de Glade or something similar because that's when she made some money to buy a home.  Doing Glade commercials. 

Rest in peace.  She played a good bad MIL. 

Honored Contributor

Aw, I'm sad to read this too. I loved her in the Mrs. Miracle moviesSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

How many remember her as Mildred the secretary in Remington Steele? I think I fell in love with her then.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

Loved Doris!   She was the best part of Everybody Loves Raymond.

She was a great comedic actress and seemed like just a sweet and kind lady.   I never saw her interviewed much.   She wasn't a publicity hound.

Bless her and all she contributed to our laughter.

Esteemed Contributor

I was so sad to hear this, but reading about  her today? Wow, what a full life. I had no idea she was 90!!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm watching Everybody Loves Raymond right now.

Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly, he husband lived on the east coast and she on the west?  Maybe I'm confusing her with someone else, too lazy to google.....

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

How many remember her as Mildred the secretary in Remington Steele? I think I fell in love with her then.

---------------------------------------------Yes, as I recall, 'Mildred' seemed to always be running back and forth and all around in the office (literally).    What a great actor.  RIP, Doris.  Heart 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Super Contributor

:-( R.I.P., Ms. Roberts. I never knew she was that old! She looked fabulous. I didn't often watch "ELR," but when I did, I loved her acting. I know I saw her in other things, but any titles escape me right now.
Respected Contributor

RIP