Respected Contributor

Re: Doris Day Didn't Know How Old She Is

Honored Contributor

As I mentioned on another thread, I believe Doris has an official Website, and possibly a link to a fan-based FB page.  Happy Birthday, Doris!  We love you, and appreciate your kindness and love for pets/animals.  Heart

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

Aw Doris looks cute in that picture. @Noel7 I don't think Marisa just has incredible genes without some assistance, but maybe she does. I saw Jennifer Grey on Who Do You Think You Are and she's 57. She looks amazing, younger than I do. I said so to my mother and being kind she said no she doesn't. But she does.

I don't fault either one of them if they've done anything to their faces. If I had the money I would do it. I feel like I've aged so much in the last three years due to stress. So I like to forget how old I am.

Anyway both Betty and Doris are awesome women.

Hi @Greeneyedlady21

Maybe so, I never know if someone has had work done unless it's somehow incredibly noticeable that they look different.   

I didn't even recognize someone a week ago.  The woman who is in the new Hallmark mystery stories.  She used to be the Hallmark mystery woman, had a mystery book store.  She looked like a different person, imo.

Honored Contributor

Betty turned 95 in Jan, making Doris 2 mos. younger than Betty.

Respected Contributor

@roxxy1  pre-digital age, handwritten certificates, etc. My mom is also DD's age; she began to drive at 12 yo on Cape Cod back in 1934.

Different times...

Honored Contributor

@roxxy1 wrote:

How could you not know what year you were born ?

SMH

I easily know the year I was born, but often have to really think when someone asks me how old I am. I tend to forget if I'm, say 54 or 55 or even 56. Some years are just harder to 'remember' than others!

Esteemed Contributor

I am usually off a year.  Never was good at math. So I just gave up and give people my date of birth and let them figure it out... if they are interested.  HOWEVER, ACTUALLY SINCE I NEVER GOT OUT OF THE 6TH GRADE .... I am eleven!  My story and I am sticking to it. 

Honored Contributor

@RedTop wrote:

One of my best teenage memories is of my 70-something Papaw, and his 80-something sister arguing about her age.   Papaw had their family bible (which is in my possession now) and knew his sisters true age, but for whatever reason, she shaved 3 years off, and only admitted to a certain number.   Papaw and his sister loved each other dearly, and enjoyed their visits, but Papaw loved to get her stirred up about her age, and she let it get to her every single time.   I enjoy the memory of them arguing at his kitchen table, and it still brings tears to my eyes.   They were not affectionate people, so when Papaw started the argument, it was kinda their unspoken "I love you sis", "I love you too brother".   

When she died, her obituary said she was 100; her birth record in our family bible, written in her dads writing, says she was actually 103!   So for whatever reason she shaved those 3 years off, she stuck to it until the day she died.    

@RedTop

This makes me smile and cry! Sweet.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Betty turned 95 in Jan, making Doris 2 mos. younger than Betty.

You're right @Shelbelle

In fact, today is Doris Day's 95th birthday.

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I am usually off a year.  Never was good at math. So I just gave up and give people my date of birth and let them figure it out... if they are interested.  HOWEVER, ACTUALLY SINCE I NEVER GOT OUT OF THE 6TH GRADE .... I am eleven!  My story and I am sticking to it. 

@bonnielu

I like you keeping yourself at 11!

My mom is like a big kid, and I've told her most of my life that she is 9. She often reminds you of a nine year old boy with her antics and thought process!