Honored Contributor

Re: Doria, Prince Charles and Camilla

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Funny how people see things differently...

Doria Ragland- seemed quite comfortable with Charles and Camilla.

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are warm lovely, caring people. 

Some people fell for the Diana myth and they continue to make stuff up as the decades go by.  Charles and Camilla are indeed said to be warm and accepting and generous.  Camilla, like Princess Anne, is one of the Royal "work horses" as they say.  They both devote much time to causes and charities and do it with grace.  Charles has always been interested in the environment and architecture and has done amazing good works in England and abroad and spends much of his own personal fortune on his projects but he doesn't want attention for those things.  The public has warmed up to Camilla and when we were there last summer,  one of the papers had a series of stories on Charles.  Many believe that Camilla will have the title of Queen when Charles becomes King.  He loves her, she will have the role anyway and the decision is his and his alone to make.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willomenia wrote:

@Preds wrote:

Of the three ... I'd hang with Doria.  Thank you Charles for respecting her. 

Why wouldn't he respect her?

What planet are you living on! I don't like the idea that he may not respect her either, but get real. No one can control what he's thinking, but protocol and manners are everything to that ilk.

Honored Contributor

@Predsi couldn’t agree more.The royals look like a pain in the backyard.

Honored Contributor

It took a lot of courage to attend her daughters wedding alone....and a royal one at that! Have never been a fan of Camilla....home wrecker....and that insidious pink hat she seems to wear in every photo I have ever seen of her....Charles did manage to nap during the ceremony though.....I have nothing but admiration for Doria. It was nice of Charles to offer his arm....to Doria and to Meghan. The old boy had a big day
Honored Contributor

Did anyone happen to notice that only Prince Charles and Doria Ragland left to sign the marriage certificate? Unlike William and Catherine's wedding where Camilla went with Charles along with the Middletons.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

I was and still am a fan of Diana. I think she would be very proud of how her sons turned out. Especially Harry as he appears to want to help and love people. I think Diana was a young victim of the royal family. She was chosen to marry Charles and I don't think he had a choice. He loved Camila and always has. It was his choice to cheat on Diana. She must have been so miserable. Then she came out of all of that and developed her own awesome style. I don't agree with the astrology things that she dabbled in but in all I think she was a awesome, giving beautiful girl and a wonderful mother. I wish Diana was still with us, I would have loved to see her today at the wedding. Charles is into organic gardening, I don't know what Camila does but it appears they remain in love. I do think that Charles has been a decent dad to the boys. I heard on the news today that the queen just wants Harry happy. I will love to watch what Harry and Megan do now. I am happy for them. 

Honored Contributor

It seems protocol and tradition have driven so many marriages and other things the royals do or don't do.....I would hate to live my life that way. I hope Harry and Meghan live happily ever after and can start cranking out babies asap...it seems that is the primary job for Meghan now...at age 36, she can't waste any time!
Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I felt bad for Doria. She was at her daughter's wedding with no other family invited. I hope she was made to feel welcomed by the royal family.

I too felt bad for Doria.  I can't imagine being surrounded by a sea of people and the only one you know is your daughter who is marrying a man you only met briefly. 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

@dex wrote:

My daughter recently met a couple from England and they talked about Meghan and the wedding.  Their comment was, "That girl doesn't know what she is getting into, that whole family is weird." 

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Funny how people see things differently...

Doria Ragland- seemed quite comfortable with Charles and Camilla.

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are warm lovely, caring people. 

Some people fell for the Diana myth and they continue to make stuff up as the decades go by.  Charles and Camilla are indeed said to be warm and accepting and generous.  Camilla, like Princess Anne, is one of the Royal "work horses" as they say.  They both devote much time to causes and charities and do it with grace.  Charles has always been interested in the environment and architecture and has done amazing good works in England and abroad and spends much of his own personal fortune on his projects but he doesn't want attention for those things.  The public has warmed up to Camilla and when we were there last summer,  one of the papers had a series of stories on Charles.  Many believe that Camilla will have the title of Queen when Charles becomes King.  He loves her, she will have the role anyway and the decision is his and his alone to make.

@chrystaltree and @Sweet_Serenity - I have to disagree a little with you. I don't believe there was a "Diana myth." Camilla destroyed that marriage and had an affair with a married man. Charles was totally involved and broke his vows to Diana. No myth - just facts. 

Camilla sitting with Kate: