Honored Contributor

Re: Doria, Prince Charles and Camilla

I thought the queen was stunning.  The colors of the hat with those lavander and purple flowers it was perfect.  Dorias outfit blended with the Queen.  Doria looked beautiful. I bet she is relieved this wedding day is over.  Stress much?  I was a wreck at my daughters wedding.  And we had 100 people!! Lol!

they are lovely, kind and thoughtful people.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think Meghan's family is like some of ours, messed up in certain ways. There can be one person in a family that just sets everything off at events.  There are reasons most of her family wasnt there.  I think Meghan had too much taste to drag the fight out in her corner.  She allowed nasty remarks and accusations to be printed, but didn't respond in kind.  That takes courage and class. Meghan might not have had a close family tie with some of her siblings and relatives, but it appears she made tight and close friendships   You don't have to be blood to be family.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

Funny how people see things differently...

Doria Ragland- seemed quite comfortable with Charles and Camilla.

Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall are warm lovely, caring people. 

Some people fell for the Diana myth and they continue to make stuff up as the decades go by.  Charles and Camilla are indeed said to be warm and accepting and generous.  Camilla, like Princess Anne, is one of the Royal "work horses" as they say.  They both devote much time to causes and charities and do it with grace.  Charles has always been interested in the environment and architecture and has done amazing good works in England and abroad and spends much of his own personal fortune on his projects but he doesn't want attention for those things.  The public has warmed up to Camilla and when we were there last summer,  one of the papers had a series of stories on Charles.  Many believe that Camilla will have the title of Queen when Charles becomes King.  He loves her, she will have the role anyway and the decision is his and his alone to make.

@chrystaltree and @Sweet_Serenity - I have to disagree a little with you. I don't believe there was a "Diana myth." Camilla destroyed that marriage and had an affair with a married man. Charles was totally involved and broke his vows to Diana. No myth - just facts. 

Camilla sitting with Kate:

@beach-mom 

Excuse me! Where did I mention Diana's name or myth? Exactly! NO where. 

I miss her and respect her legacy, as for the relationship between the parties    mentioned, and fault finding, not my place or desire to judge. 

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:

@beach-mom 

Excuse me! Where did I mention Diana's name or myth? Exactly! NO where. 

I miss her and respect her legacy, as for the relationship between the parties    mentioned, and fault finding, not my place or desire to judge. 

I apologize @Sweet_Serenity. I was responding to the whole post and included you with @chrystaltree. I guess you can tell I'm not a fan of Camilla's. 

Valued Contributor

I always admired William and Harry for accepting their father's wife, Camilla. She definitely was the reason Charles and Diana divorced.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624  I so agree.  Camillas hat looks like a decorated trashcan lid on her head. Loved Doria and the kindness of Prince Charles extended to both Doria and Meghan.

Trusted Contributor

Did anyone see Camila when the gospel choir was singing? She looked like she was mortified. 

Occasional Contributor

I never liked Prince Charles, how he cheated on Diana with Camilla ! I could never understand that!! But that was nice of him!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Diana was aware of Charles and Camilla's relationship before marriage. Inspite of this, chose marrying him. Possibly thinking she might be able to sway him away from Camilla, This is not something unheard of, thinking-

you can change the man or woman, unwise. 

When Charles said: Whatever love means? Said it all...

Diana we now understand from her own words, insecure emotionally. 

Her childhood as well unstable home life, abandonment issues.

She rushed into marriage, I did the same at 18, I know the feeling. 

Thankfully, William and Harry, are living happily ever after. Choosing partners who, not only love, share common interests. This is most important.

Respected Contributor

I'd hang with Prince Charles any day too.