Respected Contributor

wrote:

The only ones that still come out our way are men selling meat from freezers in their pickup trucks.   

@RedTop

I sure wouldn't want to eat any of that meat!  Maybe some of it is road kill!!!

Honored Contributor

Rainbow vacuums are still sold "door-to-door", now by appointment.

Honored Contributor

All I get are the Girl Scouts selling cookies, Boy Scouts after Christmas pick up trees and dispose of them and kids selling wrapping paper, magazines subscriptions, etc for their school or local sports team.  I buy from all of them!

Respected Contributor

I can remember back in the 60's, the Avon Lady (term used back then) made house visits to sell products. Does anyone remember Watkins Products? I think they're still in business. But, back in the day, a salesman went door-to-door selling kitchen and household products. I remember my mother buying a huge bottle of vanilla extract. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

All I get are the Girl Scouts selling cookies, Boy Scouts after Christmas pick up trees and dispose of them and kids selling wrapping paper, magazines subscriptions, etc for their school or local sports team.  I buy from all of them!

The Boy Scouts here sell wreaths. They are very nice. Send a kid to my door, I will buy anything. I remember selling Girl Scout cookies - or shall I say ATTEMPTING to sell Girl Scout cookies. I quit the second year. My poor parents were stuck with cases of cookies. We has so many we were sick of them.

Frequent Contributor

We live in a gated comunity so no strangers come to our door but we love to buy anything from scouts Woman Happy

My husband was a boy scout and I was a girl scout so yeah, we love to support them!

Honored Contributor

We get door to door selling everything in my neighborhood.  It’s very annoying.  Sometimes they even knock on the door after dark.

When I walk the dogs I often see them knocking on my neighbors doors.

I have a No Soliciting sign on my front door.  It has slowed down the traffic, but not 100%.

i never answer the door.

Valued Contributor

We occasionally get kids from elementary-high school selling for school fund raisers. I usually open the door, listen to their sales pitch,have a short conversation(what is your favorite flavor? etc.) and purchase something. I think it builds confidence, competitiveness, strive towards goals and supports the schools.