Super Contributor

As a longtime fan of the Osmonds and all their goodness, I am sometimes taken back by some of the comments both Donny and Marie make while they are presenting on the shopping channels.  Have they become so self centered that they do not realize how they come across by the “look at me” comments.  Please do not verbally beat me up...just an observation. Find the two of them have become very conceited.

Esteemed Contributor

Show business is in their blood.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

Re: Donny Osmond

[ Edited ]

Jeanlake, so what does that have to do with being conceited? 

Honored Contributor

They definitely seem out of touch. I’m kind of embarrassed for them having to hawk things on shopping channels especially that 

“art-work”.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it seems inappropriate

Honored Contributor

@Beth-QVC wrote:

I'm not sure this is a fair comment. 

I haven't lost a child, and I really don't know exactly what I would do or how I would act. 

I do know that in times of great loss, I remember wanting to do 'normal' things, not be spoken to about my loss. I wanted to go back to work right away. I needed to be busy and I needed to have many hours in the day where I didn't have to deal with the loss. 

Perhaps it was something similar for her. I really don't want to judge how people handle their grief. It is so personal and different for everyone. 

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@Beth-QVC wrote:

I'm not sure this is a fair comment. 

I haven't lost a child, and I really don't know exactly what I would do or how I would act. 

I do know that in times of great loss, I remember wanting to do 'normal' things, not be spoken to about my loss. I wanted to go back to work right away. I needed to be busy and I needed to have many hours in the day where I didn't have to deal with the loss. 

Perhaps it was something similar for her. I really don't want to judge how people handle their grief. It is so personal and different for everyone. 

@Beth-QVC@Mominohio

I'm glad it was removed.  The story was untrue.  The loss of a child should never be used to attack a parent, especially with an untrue accusation.

This may be removed but Marie Osmond cancelled her Vegas show with Donny.  She returned after the funeral.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

I don't care for the Osmonds as adults and would never think of spending any money on anything they were involved in. I'm assuming they made their fortunes years ago and just do what they do because they enjoy it. I think most people who are lucky enough to be successful in the entertainment business think they are very special.

Honored Contributor

@GAC65....what did they say that bothered you?

Honored Contributor

I'm not embarassed for them.  They work very hard and are making money at it while they are on this second high wave of their career.

I believe Donny's wife, Debbie, has a lot to do with the Donny Osmond Home line.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN