Honored Contributor

Re: Donna Adelson arrested days after son’s murder conviction

I could be wrong.......I believe I heard her answer 'No' when asked if she had been offered a special deal for her testifying against Charlie in the latest (Charlie's) court trial.  

But, maybe I wasn't paying precise attention to the question and answer.  

Imo, she should get some sort of reimbursement (a 'thank you' for her now honest statements, etc. which eventually led to the end result/verdict. ). 

Well, that's what I'm 'thinking' right now.  My viewpoints often change after I do more thinking. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ROMARY  - You're right.  I remember that.  She's not getting anything at all.  She said she decided to tell the truth to give the Markel family some closure.  Magbunua is in for life plus 30.  No reduced sentence.

Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@ROMARY  - You're right.  I remember that.  She's not getting anything at all.  She said she decided to tell the truth to give the Markel family some closure.  Magbunua is in for life plus 30.  No reduced sentence.

There is still a possibility that her sentence could be reduced. That decision has not been made yet.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Trusted Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@qvcfreak  - I didn't hear she was released.  She's still in jail.  Maybe a reduction in jail time?

No decision has been made about her sentence, but it is highly doubtful that she will be released.

“Children do not start wars, and they cannot end them, but they always pay the highest price.”  Catherine Russell, UNICEF Executive Director
Honored Contributor

This isn't like me to think this way.....but, I seem to be thinking that Katie Magbuana should get some sort of 'perk'.

Maybe being in a prison closer to her children, or some sort of reduced sentence, etc.  

She didn't have to volunteer what she honestly knew .  

I don't know anything about such legal matters, but I wouldn't be upset if she is in some way 'appreciated' for her testimonial.  

After all, she was one huge step in going forward re: the other accomplices.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

What hateful family.  They had Dan Markel killed because he wanted his sons near him, wanted the right to parent them. So heinous.  I hope they all get life, nest of snakes.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just sharing a few thoughts in addition to my previous post.

I don't "think" Harvey is connected. Donna started it by sabotaging the wedding, which Wendi allowed Mom to take over. Dan wanted a strictly kosher meal and Donna messed that up intentionally so the rabbi had to  leave. I don't know who performed the ceremony.

Donna was against the marriage from the start. Her older son married someone she and Harvey didn't like and they have been estranged ever since.

I am 100% sure Wendi was in cahoots with Donna and I hope she is living in fear of being caught out.

I think Charlie is scum and I agree that he likely used Katie as she knew dirt bags who would kill for money. I have no pity for her at all. Not one bit.

Just my thoughts.

ETA:  I think Harvey IS involved in some way. How could he not be?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Dan Markel's mother is going to be on Court TV tonight at 7pm Central time. I can't imagine the pain she's gone through.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

Just to clarify, the man who was murdered was Dan Markel, there is no Dan Adelson. He was the son in law to Donna Adelson

Trusted Contributor

A grand jury indicted Donna Adelson today, on the same three charges that her son was convicted of last week.

The oldest son, Robert, is a physician in New York. He did break up with the woman that his parents disapproved of, and was briefly married to another. He is now happily married to his former girlfriend, who is also a physician.