Honored Contributor

Donkey genocide for phony "cures"

I was just made aware of wholesale slaughter of donkeys to support the misguided ideas of deluded people who believe in false "cures.  It may wipe the donkey of the face of the earth.

Network for Animals has the story.  It is too horrific to post here.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Donkey genocide for phony "cures"

@GingerPeach.  What's the point of bringing it up if you can't explain what's going on and why?  Surely you could elaborate without grossing people out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Genocide is not the correct word to use in this context, given the meaning of the word.  Slaughter, sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I was just made aware of wholesale slaughter of donkeys to support the misguided ideas of deluded people who believe in false "cures.  It may wipe the donkey of the face of the earth.

@GingerPeach

OMG ,This is awful.Thanks for posting and making us aware of this   Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Being on this board means you are on the internet.

Everyone has the ability to use their favorite search engine to find out more.   

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@GingerPeach wrote:

Thanks for this thread, @GingerPeach.   The "miracle elixir" is called "ejiao" -- completely unproven, another example of snake-oil sales so effective that people are willing to avert their eyes to the cruelty to living creatures for the groundless promise of miracles. 

(Internet search topic for those interested:  "ejiao donkey slaughter")

😔

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

Because every time a poster does so they are criticized for making people cry, for making people, sick, etc.  can’t have it both ways.

I’m sure @GingerPeach. was trying to walk that line.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

We saw a news clip about this @GingerPeach. I'm surprised more posters aren't interested since so many are animal lovers. Smiley Sad