Honored Contributor

Donating to TX Diaper Bank info link TODAY show

[ Edited ]

IMG_2325.JPGHere is the link to the article: 

https://www.today.com/parents/texas-diaper-bank-dire-need-due-hurricane-harvey-t115603

The diaper bank exists because shelters, etc, do not provide diapers.

There is a link to the Texas Diaper Bank, operated out of San Antonio, on Amazon. It is a wish list from the Diaper bank based on the types/sizes they think they will need.

I feel that it is a legit cause and operation.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Donating to TX Diaper Bank info link TODAY show

Thanks for posting this, @LTT1. It's not just babies and it's not just diapers. The Weather Channel also included them in a list of places to donate.

From the TX Diaper Bank website:

The Texas Diaper Bank is a 501 C3 non-profit organization whose mission is to address the diaper gap and its impact on individuals in crisis. Established in 1997 by ten United Methodist churches, the Texas Diaper Bank strengthens the lives of over 33,000 individuals annually through these three essential programs.

1. Emergency Assistance – directly provides Bexar County families and seniors in crisis access to diapers, incontinence supplies, wipes, and other healthcare products.
    2. Earn and Learn – reduces the diaper gap by combining two vital components of self-sufficiency: education and access to resources.
    3. Family Care Connections – lifts families out of poverty by strengthening participation in partner agency continuing education, higher education, and job training programs that provide on-site child care services.
    4. Housing and Safe Haven – connects clients not only to the diapers for their child, but also to agencies that locate shelter for these families.
    5. Disaster Relief – supplies those affected by natural disasters in Texas with diapers—the only organization in Texas specifically providing victims diapers.
    6. Incontinence Gap Program – Provides special needs youth and adults with incontinence products during the interim application period for a Medicaid program.

These program(s) services are provided directly to families or through partnerships with other nonprofit agencies.

The Texas Diaper Bank is a regional partner of the National Diaper Bank Network.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like a great cause.

Respected Contributor

Diapers and formula are very much needed...

Honored Contributor

I was asked yesterday and faltered.

so today I'm doing a bit of research.

here are other suggestions from an article in "Wired."

https://www.wired.com/story/harvey-donations-amazon-wish-lists-cash/

"Charity Navigator, an organization that evaluates and ranks charities, recommends donating to the Houston Food Bank, Food Bank of Corpus Christi, Houston Humane Society, Houston SPCA, or the San Antonio Humane Society for the greatest impact."

Honored Contributor

The Today show article and links to Amazon wish lists popped up in my Facebook news feed a little while ago. I picked the Texas Diaper Fund, clicked on their Amazon wish list and in less than one minute I'd picked what I wanted to buy and it's being shipped directly to them. Easy!

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh

Thank you! I have been wondering and asking all day!

It only makes sense that A would ship the diapers to the org, but I didn't know how the whole thing worked!