Honored Contributor

Re: IRe: Don't want that catalog?...Try this

@chrystaltree wrote:

I love my cataogs.   I don't get as many as I once got but I get quite a few.  Most end up in the trash but I still like looking through the pages.I

i am the say way @chrystaltree!

i LOVE my catalogs, especially this time of the year.

i look through them all......you never know when you will find a "treasure."

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Re: Don't want that catalog?...Try this

I don't get enough catalogs. I wish I would get more

Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who loves looking through catalogs?Woman LOL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@croemer wrote:

Am I the only one who loves looking through catalogs?Woman LOL

For me you can "flip through" catalogs on the internet. It's so easy to do it that way. Many businesses have opted to discontinue printing paper versions of their goods.  

Honored Contributor

I have never liked looking through catalogs on line. I get both sides...but I enjoy much more looking through a paper catalog.

Super Contributor

My experience:  At first, it seemed to work.  Then I got notices that a company had gotten my request, but chose to ignore it.  Plow & Hearth  and The Company Store come to mind.  (Like telling me you don't care about me is a good selling technique!)  Then I started to get requests for money from Catalogue Choice.  What seemed like a good idea was ruined by  poor execution.  I'm still puzzled by the business plan that encouraged companies to disregard the wishes of customers and made sure the (former) customer was aware of their decision.  Talk about poor customer service!

Honored Contributor

@croemer wrote:

I have never liked looking through catalogs on line. I get both sides...but I enjoy much more looking through a paper catalog.

so do i @croemer.....and too many is never too many for me. lol

i feel the same way about my newspapers. i like having them in my hand or on the table to read. i know i can read them online, but love also having the physical paper.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

My experience:  At first, it seemed to work.  Then I got notices that a company had gotten my request, but chose to ignore it.  Plow & Hearth  and The Company Store come to mind.  (Like telling me you don't care about me is a good selling technique!)  Then I started to get requests for money from Catalogue Choice.  What seemed like a good idea was ruined by  poor execution.  I'm still puzzled by the business plan that encouraged companies to disregard the wishes of customers and made sure the (former) customer was aware of their decision.  Talk about poor customer service!

@excpa,

I've never been asked for money by Cat Choice. That's odd. I'm not sure but maybe there's a email-preference choice under your account settings on their site so you may opt out of requests like that.  For the most part my experience with Cat Choice has been a real positive one.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@croemer wrote:

so do i @croemer.....and too many is never too many for me. lol

i feel the same way about my newspapers. i like having them in my hand or on the table to read. i know i can read them online, but love also having the physical paper.

lol...I have a kindle and still find myself ordering books on line...I like holding a book and reading.

Honored Contributor

My sister reads them and then keeps the catalogs to help get her fireplace going in the winter time.