Honored Contributor

Re: Don't complain if you open this...MASK POST

@Laura14 wrote:

@ahoymate   If the virus can live on surfaces, I wouldn't think low risk and it sounds like they are there during operating hours.  

I actually am fairly certain I already had it back in late March before you could test for it.  That's my one and only reason for being cavalier.  I honestly do have my mask on me and have worn it from time to time when most everyone else has one on just not to scare them.  

Go ahead and flog but that's my pitiful excuse.

@Laura14   I saw on the news yesterday that someone in a nursing home in Tennessee has tested positive for the virus for the second time.  You aren't necessarily immune if you're already had it.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

I bought several masks off of ebay, and as soon as I got them, I tried them on to see how they looked!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   For the antibodies?  Really?  I may look into that.  

Honored Contributor

@NickNack @ahoymate   No, really?  You can get it again?  I did not know that! 

Honored Contributor

The interesting thing about these Mask Mandates is that you can just say you can not wear mask   do to medical issues....no explaining or proof necessary. The stores can not make you show proof it is due to medical issues 

So these mandates will make NO DIFFERENCE in making those who just CHOOSE not to wear a mask wear a mask.  What good is mandate if they allow people to just say. I CAN'T?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Not to mention the law enforcement in my county came out immediately and said no one would receive a citation.  The same announcement they made with the Stay At Home order.  So it is just an individual choice mandate or not.  I will follow the rules shopping for others ease of mind. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I love how you wrote up your post.  A warning, no less.  Bravo, we need to do that...enter at your own risk.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@ahoymate   If the virus can live on surfaces, I wouldn't think low risk and it sounds like they are there during operating hours.  

I actually am fairly certain I already had it back in late March before you could test for it.  That's my one and only reason for being cavalier.  I honestly do have my mask on me and have worn it from time to time when most everyone else has one on just not to scare them.  

Go ahead and flog but that's my pitiful excuse.

@Laura14   I saw on the news yesterday that someone in a nursing home in Tennessee has tested positive for the virus for the second time.  You aren't necessarily immune if you're already had it.

@Nicknack  Scientists aren't sure yet of how or why people seem to be reinfected but the theory is that it's more of a reactivation sort of like chronic EBV and this reaction will vary depending on a person's immune system.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Laura14   I just heard that on the news last night.  I had been having a discussion with someone yesterday who said that she didn't think you could get the virus again if you'd already had it.  I replied that I didn't think they knew that for sure.  Then I saw that on the news.  It just said that a woman in a nursing home in Tennessee had tested positive for the second time.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

That is why herd immunity is probably not possible. We need a workable vaccine.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown